PDA

View Full Version : AKL Jambo Refurbishments

VWL Mom
05-22-2018, 09:07 AM
Various reliable sources have posted about the upcoming AKL-Jambo refurbishments and it appears people are starting to receive letters.

Pool & Pool Bar
Uzima Springs Pool and Uzima Springs Pool Bar are scheduled to be closed for refurbishment. During this time, Samawati Springs Pool and Maji Pool Bar at Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village will be available. No set timeline on this other than closing September 3 through winter.

Rooms
Room refurbishments will be taking place. It is possible that guests may see or hear construction, but noise should not be heard from guest rooms between dusk and 9:00 a.m. Timeline is mid-August 2018 through Fall 2019.

ThanxForNoticin
05-22-2018, 12:54 PM
Seriously? That's a major DVC resort with people making reservations there 7-11 months in advance many times - and NOW they might be hinting the main Jambo pool could be closed late summer through winter? That's a big draw for us as a family. Wonder what they'll be doing that might take 6 months?

VWL Mom
05-22-2018, 01:30 PM
I agree, I actually had my son and his gf booked there and was fortunate to have something open up at BRV for them in November. Even if you don't actually swim it's a nice area to go and have a drink on a sunny day. I did check the DVC site and WDW site today and they still don't have anything posted.

Cinderelley
05-23-2018, 01:23 AM
Hmmm, Debbie had warned me about the pool closure, but I'm not too thrilled about the construction noise. Being a night worker, I won't be waking up until well after 9 on some days.

ThanxForNoticin
05-23-2018, 12:42 PM
One report I saw says the pool will be closed 9/4-12/4. I certainly hope it's no longer than that. When both Jambo and Kidani rooms are full (like over Thanksgiving and Chrstmas), the pool on the Kidani side isn't big enough to hold everyone if it's warmer weather.