PDA

View Full Version : Mobile dining is awesome!

Cinderelley
05-22-2018, 01:34 AM
Animal Kingdom was packed the day we were there. We started getting hungry, so we headed to Pizzafari. The line to order was at least 30 mins long, and I was considering going elsewhere even though I really wanted to eat at Pizzafari. Then the sign for the mobile ordering line caught my eye - mostly because it was completely empty. I figured we would still have to wait the 30 mins to get our food, but at least we could be sitting down. We found a seat. I hopped on the app and placed our order. 5 minutes later, I got the notification that our food was ready. We ate and were out of there about the time we would have been getting up to the register to order.

Jeff
05-22-2018, 07:51 AM
Good to know! Thanks

BriarRose0708
05-22-2018, 09:22 AM
Totally agree! I used it a lot on my last trip when it was hot and crowded. I am very impressed with this service and hope it keeps expanding to all counter service options.

#1donaldfan
05-22-2018, 12:07 PM
Sweet !!

magicofdisney
05-22-2018, 02:51 PM
I've used it a few times now and agree it's MUCH quicker than standing in line. As long as your order needs no modifications, mobile ordering is the way to go.

Buttercup
05-22-2018, 07:36 PM
YES! I use it all the time! In fact, we will order in advance (like say, when we are getting on a ride just before lunch). Then, as we are getting off the ride, I hit the button that says "I'M HERE, START PREPARING MY FOOD!" and we start walking to the restaurant. Bam. By the time I walk in, I cruise right up to that Mobile counter and my food is ready to go! I love it!

My only beef is that you're forced to pay with a credit card - which is TOTALLY understandable - but I would rather pay cash when I pick up my food. Saves me the exchange rate on my Canadian credit card. But for the time it saves I don't mind too much. :D

Speedy1998
05-23-2018, 01:03 PM
That sounds like my experience last November at Flame Tree, the line extended over the bridge into Dinoland, but I was able to order and get my food in about 5 minutes.

My only beef is that you're forced to pay with a credit card - which is TOTALLY understandable - but I would rather pay cash when I pick up my food. Saves me the exchange rate on my Canadian credit card. But for the time it saves I don't mind too much. :D

The problem is, if they allowed you to pay cash, then it would a) slow down the process and b) require a cashier to just support the mobile ordering.

garthbarth1
05-23-2018, 09:59 PM
Does this not work with the DDP?

NewDVCowner
05-24-2018, 10:42 AM
Does this not work with the DDP?

Yes, they did add the dining plan payment option to the mobile ordering.