PDA

View Full Version : Coronado fall pool closure?

margiem
05-10-2018, 07:26 AM
Hi - I'm staying at Coronado in early December. I heard they are closing the whole pool area in September but I am also reading conflicting reports about how long it will be closed (one month to 3 months). Has anyone heard anything? I know it will be quite chilly in December but my crazy husband and kids will probably still go in the pool. And the smaller pools will not cut it.... My luck the main pool will be closed and it will be in the 80's.

Angelgirl65
05-10-2018, 07:44 AM
9/4 - 12/12

texas211
05-10-2018, 08:47 AM
Wow. I guess the food would be closed there? That was a godsend when we were there. Not have to go all the way to the main building to grab breakfast or dinner.

We liked the small pools. Has some nice ambiance to the w/ the giant rocks.

Good luck!

Cinderelley
05-10-2018, 10:29 AM
I guess it will be closed when we are there also.

margiem
05-11-2018, 06:55 AM
I think that whole area is closed - pool, food, arcade.... I get why they might close it in December if they are refurbishing it but why would you close it in September/October when it's still hot. It's a great resort. I was there April 2017. But with all the work going on can you leave the pool alone until it actually gets cold? Doesn't make sense. Disappointed. Oh Well..... If they care crazy enough to swim in December they can go to the other pools. Thanks for verifying.

SueQ
05-16-2018, 01:08 PM
We're there the beginning of November and were disappointed when I got the email that the pool area will be closed. I was told there are hot tubs at the other pool areas too. Is this true?? My husband prefers the hot tub over the pool.

Angelgirl65
05-17-2018, 05:54 AM
It is not. Only one hot tub at CSR and it is at the main pool complex