PDA

View Full Version : The Return of Party of 1 - Early May Visit day 2

DisneyEpcotDad
05-09-2018, 08:50 PM
Great morning weather. Got to MK just in time for rope drop at Adventure land. Walked into pirates attraction as the first group of the day. A light morning crowd. Did Hall of Presidents next. First time I've ever seen security guards inside the attraction. One on each side of auditorium. A sign of the times. Security has been very visible at all parks and Disney springs.

Went to AK for lunch at Flame Tree bbq. Still one of the best places to eat at DW. Then rode safari ride before heading back to room for a break. Housekeeping was still in room so I walked around resort tik she finished. Took boat ride to Disney springs. A very relaxing ride that is better than bus ride there. For dinner I had Ghirardelli sundae! Went back to AK via bus transfer from AK lodge. Finished up day with first time doing Flight of Avatar. A wow attraction! I call it Soarin on steroids! A good day!

faline
05-19-2018, 04:04 PM
A sundae for dinner sounds like a perfect vacation meal!!

I was very surprised to see security in the Hall of Presidents when it re-opened. I thought it might be temporary but they were still there on a recent visit.