PDA

View Full Version : Can somebody give me some breakfast recommendations?

roma1625
04-26-2018, 03:55 PM
Staying offsite in the Windsor Hills Resort, so not tied only to places within Disney property. We'll be there 8 days, so I'm kind of trying to pencil in maybe one place per day loosely based on which park we're going to on a particular day, but if we repeat a place or two, that's fine. Looking for "real" breakfast, not sweets as we have a diabetic with us.

Loose criteria:

1. Good food (obviously)
2. Not too far out of the way from either where we're staying (for example, Celebration would be OK) or the parks.
3. Walk-in availability (prefer not to be tied down by reservations).
4. Buffets preferred (not necessary, but we like breakfast buffets for the most part).
5. Not too outrageously expensive (for example, we used to go to Cape May in the Beach Club. I just checked their prices and $40 per person seems ridiculous to me for breakfast).
6. Not even remotely interested in character breakfasts.

ibelieveindisneymagic
04-26-2018, 05:36 PM
If you're thinking about an on-site breakfast, we loved Oliva's at OKW! It isn't a buffet, but there are some good choices, some different choices (for those who like variety) and we found it to be not too busy with excellent service.

#1donaldfan
04-27-2018, 10:40 AM
Boma at the Animal Kingdom Lodge is IMHO the best breakfast buffet on property .... second would be Trails End buffet .... enjoy

Zippy 1
04-27-2018, 03:06 PM
I second Boma! A little something for everyone. Including me who is diabetic

Isabella
04-27-2018, 06:03 PM
I second Trails End! Great food, no characters and really good value!

roma1625
04-28-2018, 08:37 AM
Boma and Trail's End: thanks for those recommendations. I've been to Boma before and I agree - great buffet for both breakfast and dinner.

One question about both: can we park in those resorts without a reservation and do you think we can walk up and find seats available? We'll be 4 people, so it's a nice even number.

We're going in June, so I'm afraid everything is going to be fairly crowded. But I'm going with people who don't like to be tied to reservations. And I'm pretty much like that, too, to be honest. One never knows what one is going to feel like eating on a given day. In fact, we usually go with no reservations and just "wing it" and it works out fine for us. We eat offsite quite a bit.

MNNHFLTX
04-29-2018, 05:55 PM
Rainforest Cafe at AK has a great breakfast and then you can head into the park before it gets too hot (if you are going during the summer months).

Buttercup
04-29-2018, 06:23 PM
Another vote for Trails End buffet at Fort Wilderness. It's usually pretty quiet there and the food is awesome! All the usual favorites you'd find at buffets across property but if I'm not mistaken, it's cheaper than the other buffets. We enjoy it. :)

Cinderelley
04-30-2018, 12:02 AM
If you don't want to be tied to reservations (totally understandable), I would suggest you either get the My Disney app on your phone and check to see what is available when you are ready to leave or just call the Disney dining line on the way. That way you don't have to drive from place to place if they are full and you will also have a reservation to be able to park at a resort if you choose a resort restaurant.

Speedy1998
04-30-2018, 01:16 PM
Hwy 192 (the road you will be using to get to Disney everyday) has most of the major chain restaurants if you are looking to save $$ over what you would pay for a Disney restaurant at breakfast. There is a Bob Evans and a Perkins Restaurant on the way to Disney from Windsor Hills. Denny's and IHOP are less than a mile from where you turn onto 192 (but headed away from Disney). Those are just the ones that I can think of off the top of my head. I am sure there are a lot more.

DisneyFan1979
05-01-2018, 12:44 PM
I have not eaten there yet, but the Market Street Diner in downtown Celebration recently re-opened after extensive renovations. The breakfast menu looks yummy and the renovated space has a cool retro diner vibe.

I've heard good things about Holler & Dash, which is on 192 at Celebration Place.

For both places, to head to the parks after breakfast, avoid the 192 lights and I-4 traffic by using Celebration Blvd to connect with World Drive onto Disney property.

roma1625
05-16-2018, 05:12 PM
Rainforest Cafe at AK has a great breakfastI like this idea. I'm not a big fan of Rainforest's food for lunch or dinner, but I'm willing to try breakfast there.

roma1625
05-16-2018, 05:16 PM
I have not eaten there yet, but the Market Street Diner in downtown CelebrationThis is where certain members of my family go every single day when they go with us, and we always go with them. It's the reason I don't know other places. lol. It's good, but since these family members won't be with us this trip, I would like to try some other places for once.

roma1625
05-16-2018, 05:18 PM
Another vote for Trails End buffet at Fort Wilderness. It's usually pretty quiet there and the food is awesome! All the usual favorites you'd find at buffets across property but if I'm not mistaken, it's cheaper than the other buffets. We enjoy it. :)

Sounds good. I'll have to check it out.

roma1625
05-17-2018, 05:25 AM
Hwy 192 (the road you will be using to get to Disney everyday)FYI. one never has to set their tires on 192 from Windsor Hills if they don't want to. There is a small road that takes you directly to Disney property. I can get from my front door to the Animal Kingdom parking lot in less than 5 minutes. And yes, I'm sure we will probably eat at some of the places you mentioned.

roma1625
05-17-2018, 05:28 AM
I've heard good things about Holler & Dash, which is on 192 at Celebration Place.I looked at their website and it seems like it might be good, homey-type food. Who doesn't like biscuits for breakfast? Will try it one day.