PDA

View Full Version : Disney Magical Express

missymouseworld
04-26-2018, 07:15 AM
Never used the DME, but my son is flying in May and had a quick ?

His flight arrives around 8:00pm @ MCO and is staying at POR. It says on the WDW website that luggage could arrive up to 3 hours after arrival at resort. Is that an accurate time or earlier/later in anyone's past experience?

texas211
04-26-2018, 08:21 AM
My experience has not been great. Its a bit of roulette. One trip, I had brought my own bags, but DME dropped off someone else's luggage in my room. I called that guy on his cell, and had him come get his luggage from my room.

Cinderelley
04-26-2018, 08:46 AM
I have always gotten my bags earlier than 3 hours, but my mother has had to wait longer than that before.

NewDVCowner
04-26-2018, 09:39 AM
If he’s concerned about it arriving too late he can just not put the tags in, collect it himself from baggage claim and Bring it to ME. They’ll put it under the bus and he can get it out when they get to the resort.

#1donaldfan
04-26-2018, 01:34 PM
If he’s concerned about it arriving too late he can just not put the tags in, collect it himself from baggage claim and Bring it to ME. They’ll put it under the bus and he can get it out when they get to the resort.

I have done it this way many times ... I like my bags with me, esp checking in so late, he will certainly want them as his room will be ready ...

VacationDisney
04-26-2018, 02:47 PM
One time, and the only time that we took advantage of having luggage dropped off at the hotel, it was delivered to another room. Now, we are back to getting our luggage and have it loaded onto the bus ourselves and take it off at the resort and take it to our room.

We had friends that had a delay in the delivery of their luggage and had a knock on the door at 2:00AM.

I just like having my luggage with me!

missymouseworld
04-26-2018, 03:16 PM

So, don't use the Disney Luggage Tags that they sent in the mail and collect the luggage themselves before boarding the bus? Will they have enough time after flight arrival and bus departure?

NewDVCowner
04-26-2018, 03:25 PM
So, don't use the Disney Luggage Tags that they sent in the mail and collect the luggage themselves before boarding the bus? Will they have enough time after flight arrival and bus departure?

The buses come and go in an almost constant wave. You're not set up to get onto a specific bus. You arrive at the ME counter, check in and they'll direct you to the line to get in. Once you get through the line (which I've only seen as pretty short, but I get there first thing in the morning - the rope off is LONG so it can be a long line) you'll be directed onto the bus and at that point the driver will put the luggage under the bus for you. I have then sat on the bus for no more than ten to fifteen minutes as they continue loading and then the bus will leave going to the resort(s). I've been on the bus that has ONLY gone to my resort, and I've been on it when it stops at two or three resorts before it gets to mine. I guess it depends on who's going where and how many.

missymouseworld
04-26-2018, 06:42 PM
Thanks for all the information!

missymouseworld
04-26-2018, 06:45 PM
My experience has not been great. Its a bit of roulette. One trip, I had brought my own bags, but DME dropped off someone else's luggage in my room. I called that guy on his cell, and had him come get his luggage from my room.
Im sorry i didn't mean to click dislike button and don't know how to unselect it. Oops.

texas211
04-26-2018, 07:42 PM
Im sorry i didn't mean to click dislike button and don't know how to unselect it. Oops.

May the DME monster eat your luggage.. May your line be long and hot... Just kidding.

No biggie. I agree with grab your own bags. When in doubt, grab it yourself. I have had good luck w/ getting my luggage to the resort myself, and having bell services haul my stuff to my room. I pack like I'm going on safari.

mom2morgan
04-26-2018, 08:49 PM
I'd grab my own. The one time we used it was fine, but the other was a late arrival and we didn't get our bags till midnight. We were exhausted waiting up for them.