PDA

View Full Version : Pop Century Spring Fun Day 1

Katzateer
04-25-2018, 11:22 PM
Early day for Animal Kingdom. We headed to safari, most of crowds headed to Pandora. Both rides were not working so lots of grumbles from crowd heading into that part of park.

We got to see the baby hippo, the still baby elephant and lots of animals. Had a great couple of rides. We went to new bird show with UP characters. It wasn't very good. Loved the old show.

Ate at Flame Tree. The 20th anniversary cupcake is very good.

Finished up afternoon with Nemo and Lion King. Both great.

Fast pass time for Navi River Ride. Rides stil down at 6pm so just left park.

Went to Boathouse in Disney Springs. I got a Cesar salad, baked potatoes, and 2 of the appetizer shrimp.

I was going to go to studios to watch Star Wars fireworks but my feet lead me to the Pop bus stop. Tomorrow Epcot!!

Cinderelley
04-26-2018, 05:38 AM
Sorry about the rides being down. Did they give you a fastpass for another time or something different? About what time did you do the safari? I'm wondering what time I should aim for to see the animals awake and active.

Katzateer
04-26-2018, 05:58 AM
Go first thing in morning. The first ride at 8 we saw the wild dogs and lots of other activity. There were no giraffes, elephants or lions. The ride 30 minutes later closer to nine we saw all of them plus the baby hippo. Had a fast pass at 6 pm and didn't see much of anything.

Katzateer
04-26-2018, 06:01 AM
I didn't check about what they were doing about Pandora rides. Really long ride at customer service and since Navi River was the only ride we missed, figured it wasn't worth our time.

Cinderelley
04-26-2018, 06:30 AM
Go first thing in morning. The first ride at 8 we saw the wild dogs and lots of other activity. There were no giraffes, elephants or lions. The ride 30 minutes later closer to nine we saw all of them plus the baby hippo. Had a fast pass at 6 pm and didn't see much of anything.

Thank you. I 'll aim for 8:30 to 9.

Speedy1998
04-26-2018, 12:57 PM
About what time did you do the safari? I'm wondering what time I should aim for to see the animals awake and active.

My experience is that the best times for the Safari is right after the park opens, and right before they close the Safari for the day.

faline
05-02-2018, 12:18 PM
Things really were difficult in Pandora for a couple of days. Glad you still had a nice Animal Kingdom day. Sorry you didn't like the new Up Show - haven't had a chance to see it yet.