PDA

View Full Version : Best T-REX theme room for children

DisneyGirl85
04-25-2018, 09:09 AM
Good morning!:mickey: I am heading to the world in October and have reservations at T-REX. I will have two 1.5 year olds & one 3 year old with me. What is the least "scary" themed room for eating there? Thanks!!

Cinderelley
04-25-2018, 09:17 AM
My guess would be the ocean room.

DisneyGirl85
04-25-2018, 09:23 AM
My guess would be the ocean room.

Would that be near the very front? We were trying to sit deeper into the restaurant.

buzznwoodysmom
04-25-2018, 04:39 PM
We were once in what I would call the ice room. It was horrible. Between the extremely loud atmosphere, the lighting in this room, and the fact that the lighting changed colors often we all left with horrible headaches. No kidding, this stuff could be seizure inducing! The other time we were seated at a table near the bar area, pretty close to the entrance of the restaurant and that was much better, but still too loud and chaotic for us. We haven't been back.

texas211
04-25-2018, 05:32 PM
I agree, the ice room is a no. The jungle area isn't too bad. There are plenty of friendly looking dinosaurs. But if those things scare them, loud noise, etc... then probably I'd skip trex.

Cinderelley
04-26-2018, 05:19 AM
Would that be near the very front? We were trying to sit deeper into the restaurant.

I have never been there. I will WDW in about 2.5 weeks. I'll be sure to stop in and scope it out for you. If you tell me more specifically what you are looking for (no loud noises or not a specific type of dinosaur, etc), I can narrow it down for you.

texas211
04-26-2018, 08:23 AM
I have never been there. I will WDW in about 2.5 weeks. I'll be sure to stop in and scope it out for you. If you tell me more specifically what you are looking for (no loud noises or not a specific type of dinosaur, etc), I can narrow it down for you.

Good luck getting in there... Phasers, set to stun.

Cinderelley
04-26-2018, 08:48 AM
Good luck getting in there... Phasers, set to stun.

Oh ye of little faith . . .

Cinderelley
05-20-2018, 03:04 PM
Not sure if you saw my other post or not. I will post pics some time this week. It depends on how busy work is.

http://intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?217028-Who-asked-about-Trex

Buttercup
05-22-2018, 07:40 PM
Oh man that whole restaurant is SUUUPER loud. Plus, I find the lighting to be really hard on the eyes - either you're in a blazing red room or a neon blue room... maybe I just have sensitive eyes. But the noise is what kills me. Add on to the sound effects all the kids screaming and you basically have to shout to hear the people beside you.
I don't recall there being a whole lot of scary stuff. The robots move and look around, but they don't lunge at anyone or do anything like that. Occasionally there is a meteor shower in one of the rooms and the lights flicker and whatnot but it's not too bad.
Also, I'm not entirely sure you're allowed to choose a room to sit in. Every time I've been there it's been really busy and you sort-of just get seated wherever they have room. Personally I prefer the Rainforest Cafe -- same type of thing, but less stressful!