PDA

View Full Version : Pop Century Spring Fun

Katzateer
04-25-2018, 05:55 AM
We arrived at Pop Century last night. Have stayed here many times over the years including the first year the resort opened. I am majorly impressed with the remodeled rooms. Very, very nice. The thin towels, rock/hard pillows and cheap discount hotel feel are gone. They have great shampoo, soap, body wash (spa H2O) in pump bottles in the delightful shower tub / with rain water style shower head and a separate hand held unit. The design has a lot of open shelves to place items. I did not see room before Stephanie pulled down trundle bed but there must be a table under the unit. She set two chairs in a space provided between the "kitchen area" and tv/drawer setup. Nice big tv unit!!

Katzateer
04-25-2018, 05:59 AM
We ate at the food court last night. The fried chicken plate and pot roast were very tasty. I saw the Minnie Rose cupcakes but went for a pecan. Tart which I enjoyed.

Great arrival and first night. I didn't sleep great because I had too much late day Diet Coke and sat a lot waiting for train, plane and shuttle.

Off to Animal Kingdom today. Weather looks great and I am ready for a fun filled day.

Cinderelley
04-25-2018, 06:18 AM
Glad you've enjoyed the renovated rooms. Can't wait to hear more.

PopPhan
04-25-2018, 07:18 AM
Looking forward to arriving tomorrow!! Thanks for the report! Are you in the "Preferred" section or a "Standard" room?

buzznwoodysmom
04-25-2018, 08:36 AM
I wanted to have a renovated pop room for upcoming trip, but Pop wasn't available with our military discount. Glad to hear how nice the rooms are tho!

FaithTrustPixieDust
04-25-2018, 03:08 PM
I'm glad to hear how much you like the renovated rooms! Which building are you in? I will be there next month. Looking forward to hearing more of your feedback on what is new and different at POP.

Isabella
04-25-2018, 03:39 PM
Looking forward to hearing more of your trip! Sounds like it started off great!

Katzateer
04-25-2018, 10:44 PM
We are in building 6 of the 70's section. I asked for it since the 50's are being remodeled. Wanted to be far from the action

faline
05-02-2018, 12:15 PM
The room sounds very nice.