PDA

View Full Version : Lockers

BriarRose0708
04-19-2018, 04:32 PM
I've been reading a lot about the lockers and have a couple questions - do we have to put every worldly possession on our person in the locker before going on the rides? I understand bags/backpacks (though I've read fanny packs are ok?) but do we need to put phones/wallets in them too? We hate going through bag check and since we're staying at Royal Pacific we'll be really close to a park so I am wondering if we'll even need to bring a park bag and just get by with wallet/phone in our pockets.

Another question - do they accept Applepay and/or can you charge to your room in the parks? If we can get away with no wallets, just our tickets, phones, and/or watches, that would be even more ideal

texas211
04-19-2018, 07:09 PM
Fanny packs too on many rides. Depends on what you think you can hide, and still ride, and how comfortable.

I never part w/ my wallet, but might put my phone in there if its a super wet ride and I forget a ziplock bag. I try not to forget my bag, as I like to put my wallet in there too.

jennsky
04-22-2018, 07:55 PM
They have lockers before you line up for most of the rides. Pretty much everything needs to go in them. They are free (assuming your stuff is only in there while you ride). I will admit, it is pretty annoying, but at least they are free. And when you go on the Hulk Rollercoaster, I was shocked that they even make you walk through a metal detector to make sure you don't even have coins in your pockets. Some of the little rides you can just keep your bag by your feet, but the majority, your purse/backpacks will have to go in the lockers. I would like to complain for a moment though about the Harry Potter wands they sell. The big boxes they come in just BARELY fit in the lockers. That was annoying.

texas211
04-23-2018, 07:21 AM
When going on vacation to Orlando you get the "treated like a criminal experience" for free! Between numerous pat downs, xrays, searches and more, you'll enjoy your 5 day 6 nights at the Orlando club med experience :)

Speedy1998
04-24-2018, 12:42 PM
And when you go on the Hulk Rollercoaster, I was shocked that they even make you walk through a metal detector to make sure you don't even have coins in your pockets.

Most likely this is a safety thing, the ride is fast and has a lot of inversions close to guest walkways. If a coin came out of your pocket and hit someone it could hurt them.

texas211
04-24-2018, 06:37 PM
Most likely this is a safety thing, the ride is fast and has a lot of inversions close to guest walkways. If a coin came out of your pocket and hit someone it could hurt them.

I remember there were some stories about that happening awhile back ago.

I've wondered what would happen if a metallic piece came out of your pocket on RR.

Speedy1998
04-25-2018, 01:00 PM
I've wondered what would happen if a metallic piece came out of your pocket on RR.

Seeing as most of the g-forces on RR are positive, I would think it would end up at your feet, or in your seat. Even if fell out in a loop, I think, it would keep falling clear of the train, and there are no guest below for it to hit.