PDA

View Full Version : Pre trip report May 2018

buzznwoodysmom
04-17-2018, 02:23 PM
Wow! So I haven't done one of these in forever!! I figured "why not"???

It will be:
Myself
18 year old son, Collin - freshly graduated from high school! He decided to do this instead of a Sr. trip = happy mom!
16 year old son, Landon - my Disney kid who loves it all as much as his mom!
18 year old - Kelsey - Collin's girlfriend and has only been to Disney once, when she was around 6 or 7.
DH Kevin, was coming, then not coming, then might fly in for a few nights (for Ohana lol), so who knows. He is on our Poly resort reservation, but has no tickets, no FP, soooo....

We have three nights booked at All Star Sports to start the trip. I rented DVC points for the rest of the trip, but my friend didn't have enough points to cover the whole trip so we settled on a value because Disney prices have become crazy expensive even with the military discount. Not big fans of the values, but we will be fine. Then we end the trip on a high note with 5 nights at the Poly, our absolute favorite place to be in WDW.

We have 5 day hoppers and will likely add waterparks once we are there. The boys would love to do one day at Universal, but I am a mean momma and told them no, unless they all want to pay for their own tickets, which they are actually considering. Hmmm, wonder if I can get them to pay for my ticket as well. LOL.

We have plenty of dining booked/planned:
Lunch somewhere new in DTD on arrival
Whispering Canyon café dinner
Sci Fi lunch
Lunch along the flower and garden booths
Dinner at the new QS in Pandora
Breakfast at Grand Floridian Café
Hopefully a few lunches/snacks at the Oasis pool bar, one of our favorite spots
Dinner at Ohana
Dinner at Rose and Crown
Lunch at Be our Guest
Dinner at Skipper Cantina
Kona Isle sushi dinner with maybe a little monorail snacking and end at Trader Sam's outdoor patio
California Grill date night for Collin and Kelsey for Kelsey's birthday, he planned this one
Room service Ohana on our last night
Kona Café breakfast before we leave to head home

And a stop at the beach for a late lunch/early dinner on the drive home, and since no one has to be anywhere the next day maybe I can score a room and spend a night at the beach to break up the drive.

We got all the FPs we wanted, including two for FOP. One FOP in the evening so we can see Pandora at night, and one FOP in the morning so we can ride more than once.

Really looking forward to taking Kelsey who doesn't remember much from her one and only trip when she was young. She is super excited to be going. As a mom I am also happy with Collin's graduation trip choice. Instead of worrying about him all week, he will be with me all week! I know, I'll have to let go eventually..... Also really looking forward to spending another trip with my truest Disney fan, Landon. He gets Disney the same way I do. This trip was supposed to be a mother/son trip for Landon and I for Mardi Gras. When Collin and Kelsey (and hubby) expressed wanting to come we decided to move the trip back a bit to the start of our summer and all go. Landon didn't care who came as long as he went.

Hoping we have a fabulous trip because this is the last one for a while. We have no intentions of returning till late 2020, at the earliest. Too many other vacation plans already on the table!

MizMissy
04-17-2018, 03:37 PM
I love your plans!! You will have a great trip! Fun with a "newbie" and with your boys.

We are supposed to be doing a Jackson Hole/Grand Teton/Yellowstone trip right after Jackie's graduation, but life has been very crazy and we have yet to book and I'm not sure if we will pull off that trip or not or try something else (she is NOT a beach girl).

VWL Mom
04-17-2018, 03:46 PM
How much fun, I'm fortunate enough that my boys are still Disney fanatics too! Very nice of Landon to share his trip with his brother, enjoy!

buzznwoodysmom
04-17-2018, 09:17 PM
I love your plans!! You will have a great trip! Fun with a "newbie" and with your boys.

We are supposed to be doing a Jackson Hole/Grand Teton/Yellowstone trip right after Jackie's graduation, but life has been very crazy and we have yet to book and I'm not sure if we will pull off that trip or not or try something else (she is NOT a beach girl).

Karen, that location is on Kevin's vacay list! I would think lodging might be a problem, if you guys had hoped to stay in the more popular resorts\hotels. It's so hard to plan ahead when you have high school kids! I can't remember the last time we planned a trip and actually took it when we originally planned for. Was probably one of our Swampcat trips. Lol As it stands now, Collin submitted a video audition for a supporting role in a film that starts June 1st. Our trip ends after that so he may be taking a flight home early....

faline
04-18-2018, 12:00 PM
You have some great dining planned for your trip!! Enjoy every moment!!!!

#1donaldfan
04-19-2018, 01:00 PM
Enjoy !!! The plan seems to be airtight and perfect !!

Isabella
04-19-2018, 06:24 PM
You will LOVE the Poly! It's our home resort and it is so peaceful and such a delightful atmosphere! Enjoy being with your boys, it was always one of our favorite times when they were in High School!

buzznwoodysmom
04-19-2018, 06:48 PM
You will LOVE the Poly! It's our home resort and it is so peaceful and such a delightful atmosphere! Enjoy being with your boys, it was always one of our favorite times when they were in High School!

Yes, we love the Poly as well (this will be our third stay there)! Would love to stay there every trip, but gotta give some love to our other favorites as well. However, after our stay at the Poly last Feb. it's been hard to think about staying elsewhere. It just seems to fit us best!

Cinderelley
04-25-2018, 03:14 AM
California Grill date night for Collin and Kelsey for Kelsey's birthday, he planned this one

You raised him right. :)

buzznwoodysmom
04-25-2018, 08:13 AM
You raised him right. :)

Haha! He likes to treat his sweetie well! He was even trying to figure out if there was a way to get her bday gift delivered to the table with the Cinderella slipper dessert. She's a lucky girl!

Isabella
04-25-2018, 03:46 PM
Haha! He likes to treat his sweetie well! He was even trying to figure out if there was a way to get her bday gift delivered to the table with the Cinderella slipper dessert. She's a lucky girl!
There is indeed! Our son surprised his girlfriend with her ring and proposal at dessert at Coral Reef. The three couples planned to eat there so the "parents could meet". We were all in on it except her. Even other guests at the restaurant knew as did the diver in the tank who all watched and cheered when she said yes! Just speak to the manager and they will do everything they can to add magic!

buzznwoodysmom
04-25-2018, 04:00 PM
There is indeed! Our son surprised his girlfriend with her ring and proposal at dessert at Coral Reef. The three couples planned to eat there so the "parents could meet". We were all in on it except her. Even other guests at the restaurant knew as did the diver in the tank who all watched and cheered when she said yes! Just speak to the manager and they will do everything they can to add magic!

That was awesome!!! So sweet to have y'all all in on it.

Well I. WOULD. DIE. If my son was planning any such thing. He is too young! Lol. I already told him he could probably tone it down a little as it is. How will he ever outdo himself if\when he ever would propose, many, many years from now! Lol