PDA

View Full Version : Overnight refurbs at AK

wjrhw
04-02-2018, 08:44 AM
A few months ago I rode Dinosaur and it was in terrible shape. Many AAs not working, sound was off, even the big dinosaur at the end didn’t come down. I’ve been riding this ride every couple weeks since and I was happy to see that things slowing were getting better. We rode it just last week and it was absolutely perfect. All effects were right on and the dinosaur chase now sounds like the dinosaur is chasing you.

I noticed the same thing at the It’s Tough to Be a Bug. The screen was blurry, Hopper didn’t come up at all and they were running a shorter version a few months ago. Now, it’s all like new again. All effects working.

Just goes to show you that Disney can refurb at night. They probably didn’t want to reduce park capacity during Spring Break, so they refurbished the ride at night. I wish they would do this with all the rides. It’s sad when a family only comes once every few years and rides are closed for refurbishment.

Speedy1998
04-02-2018, 12:12 PM
That would be nice, but I doubt it is possible in all situations. It is one thing if you have maintenance fixing some audioanamtronic characters or a sound system that are not working properly. Even if they do not finish that kind of repair in one night they can leave the effect switched off until the repair is complete. If they have to fix the ride vehicles or track, doing a repair during the night and being open during the day is not a possibility. Also if they are replacing an entire scene like the auction scene in POTC it would be awkward to run the attraction with a partially dismantled scene.

texas211
04-03-2018, 07:43 AM
Also if they are replacing an entire scene like the auction scene in POTC it would be awkward to run the attraction with a partially dismantled scene.

It's awkward with the scene. :cool: