PDA

View Full Version : Accessing iIntercot on Iphone

VWL Mom
03-17-2018, 08:57 PM
For the past couple of days, when trying to access the site on my phone, I can't get in. First I get the pop-up on the right and then when I close it the second comes up and can't be closed. I tried using my son's phone and had the same problem. Anyone else having issues?

John
03-17-2018, 10:13 PM
Yep - there seems to be a rogue google ad masquerading as something it's not. On my phone, it's a Volvo ad that then causes the pop up. I have tried to exclude it - but if it doesn't stop showing up in the next hour - then I will pull all ads from the mobile version till google can tell me for sure it's fixed.

Thanks for reporting!

John
03-17-2018, 10:30 PM
Looks like the issue may be resolved. Took 15 minutes for the ad to be removed from rotation.

John
03-17-2018, 10:32 PM
One other thing - you know there is a mobile version of the boards? Your phone shows the full version - you can switch by choosing the mobile theme in the dropdown box in the lower left.

The interesting thing is I have seen the ad you mentioned on other sites too including the local newspaper here in Hilton Head. Scammers are getting thru google. Really annoying. Running ads is a must to stay alive but this sort of stuff really makes me angry.

VWL Mom
03-18-2018, 08:01 AM
Everything seems to be working fine now, yay! I keep forgetting about the mobile display, just so used to the main one. Thanks John

Isabella
03-29-2018, 08:13 PM
One other thing - you know there is a mobile version of the boards? Your phone shows the full version - you can switch by choosing the mobile theme in the dropdown box in the lower left.

The interesting thing is I have seen the ad you mentioned on other sites too including the local newspaper here in Hilton Head. Scammers are getting thru google. Really annoying. Running ads is a must to stay alive but this sort of stuff really makes me angry.

And it seems to be getting worse on all sites, not just this. Thanks for being so proactive!

Jeff
03-30-2018, 04:17 PM
Yep - there seems to be a rogue google ad masquerading as something it's not. On my phone, it's a Volvo ad that then causes the pop up. I have tried to exclude it - but if it doesn't stop showing up in the next hour - then I will pull all ads from the mobile version till google can tell me for sure it's fixed.

Thanks for reporting!

I was getting this pop-up for several days also. I thought I had done something stupid and picked up some malware/virus. Happy to hear it wasn’t just me and thanks for fixing the issue John.