PDA

View Full Version : D23 - opinions needed

Maleficent_vf
03-15-2018, 02:34 PM
I'm looking for opinions about D23, the Disney-sponsored fan club. I have been a member since it was launched, but I'm probably not renewing this year. I knew going in that I wouldn't be able to take advantage of most of the member events because of my location relative to where most of them are held, so I signed-up primarily for the magazine. While it is well produced, there's too much flash and not enough substance for my liking. I'm also more about "Golden Age" Disney than I am current Disney. Even Mickey's :mickey2: approaching 90th birthday isn't motivating me to re-up.

I'm assuming there are other D23 members among the Intercot crowd. What are your thoughts? Are you happy with D23?

Thanks!

BrowncatP
03-15-2018, 09:16 PM
Being a member of D-23 is great if you live in the LA area. I am a charter member of D-23. It really isn't worth it if you live anywhere else in the country. They have had more events the last few years. The magazine is very nice. I can't just up and go out to LA or Orlando. More events need to be held in cities around the country. They did have a Fanniversary tour that was nice in 2014/13. That seemed to have stopped. I shall continue to renew, as I am "that kind of Disney fan." The annual gift box that they are now giving out are very nice though.

jennsky
04-09-2018, 11:25 AM
I've only been a "free" member of D23, simply because there are some articles online that I'd like to read and you can't unless you've got a member number. I wouldn't know what else D23 would be able to offer me, living in Canada.