PDA

View Full Version : Big Family Trip October 2019

Disney Vacationeer
03-11-2018, 06:40 PM
Hello Everyone!

As we've begun planning our family's trip for October 2019, we've begun to wonder what would be the best/better option in terms of resort. My family, myself, mum, brother and 2 sisters, who will all be going on this trip, have all been to Disney multiple times. This trip though, my husband, his mum, brother and sister in-law, will be going as well. It will be their first visit. We are now trying to decide if a Grand Villa would be a good option, or getting 3 separate rooms would be better. Thank you for the help!

Buttercup
04-08-2018, 06:40 PM
We did a huge trip with 10 or 11 of us a few years ago. We looked at getting one of the large villas but gosh, they were EXPENSIVE! We ended up getting 2 cabins at Fort Wilderness and it was perfect. I mean, if you can afford the grand villas, go for it! But having the two cabins at Ft Wilderness meant we also got a big outside deck on each of the cabins, we had separate spaces to separate to, and we love Fort Wilderness regardless. It's such a nice quiet place and Trails End Buffet is still the cheapest buffet on site - so it was a no brainer for us.

You'd have to decide how your group would split up into the cabins though - they sleep 6 each, but some people might have to use the sofa bed. Outside of that, yes 3 separate hotel rooms would be a good option too, especially if folks like to split up and space to spread out.