PDA

View Full Version : Aulani Luau?

mickclub1955
03-10-2018, 07:37 PM
Has anyone done the Aulani Luau? I am wanting to know if it is anything like the Polynesian Resort's in WDW. Foodwise, story line, and entertainment?

Cinderelley
03-11-2018, 09:33 AM
I wondered the same thing.

texas211
03-11-2018, 05:55 PM
If it isnt, there are several good ones to go to in Hnl.

TheDuckRocks
03-12-2018, 10:39 AM
There are 2 other luaus that are very close to the Aulani resort. Here's a little info on all 3.
Aulani - cost for adults $129 to $169, menu seems most geared to mainland tastes
Paradise Cove Luau - 2 minute drive, cost for adults $97 to $177
Germaine's Luau - 15 minute drive, cost for adults $85 to $155, menu is close to what you will find at local fund raiser luaus (I have been to this one and it was very good)

baldburke
03-12-2018, 12:35 PM
My guess is that Aulani/Disney launched their luau to compete with Paradise Cove which is a short walk up Aliinui Drive. We've never been to Paradise Cove but from what I hear there are pros and cons for each. We did to Ka Wa'a at Aulani back in the fall of 2016 for one of their very first shows. The food was fantastic and from what we saw of the show it was very good. It did start raining as we were finishing our dinner and they had to cancel the remainder of the show for safety reasons (slippery surfaces and shock hazards, no thunder or lightning). Of course in full Disney style they gave us a full refund. I would definitely do Disney's again but wouldn't mind seeing Paradise Cove's either. Both locations offer upgrades. We took advantage of the preferred seating at Ka Wa'a. The entertainment for Ka Wa'a was very good. My guess is that it is an outside company that comes in and does it for Disney. I'd say the only downside was the cash bar (when you can put everything else on your room tab). I guess the real advantage was not leaving the Aulani complex?

mickclub1955
03-17-2018, 01:25 PM
Thank you for all of the replies.