PDA

View Full Version : So Long Citrus Swirl--Not for Long: Update 3/15/18

Figment!
03-09-2018, 07:53 PM
3/15/18

Sunshine Tree Terrace has revised its menu again:

Citrus Swirl Float $5.29
Classic Frozen Orange Juice Slushy and Vanilla Soft-serve Ice Cream with Orange Soda

Orange Cream Float $5.29
Dole® Orange Soft-serve and Vanilla Soft-serve Ice Cream with Orange Soda

Citrus Swirl Cup $4.29
Classic Frozen Orange Juice Slushy and Vanilla Soft-serve Ice Cream

Orange Cream Cup $4.29
Dole® Orange Soft-serve and Vanilla Soft-serve Ice Cream

This change brings back the classic Citrus Swirl while retaining and re-naming the refreshment's former replacement.

3/9/15

Guests and Cast have reported the quite replacement of a signature Magic Kingdom refreshment.

As epicurean historians may recall, the Citrus Swirl and Orange Bird Character returned to the Magic Kingdom as part of the park's 40th anniversary celebration in the Spring of 2012:

... {with} the return of the Orange Bird to the Sunshine Tree Terrace in Magic Kingdom Park, the original Citrus Swirl makes its official comeback too. Gone for more than a quarter of a century, it’s nice to have them back where they belong for the 40th anniversary celebration of Walt Disney World Resort.

With that belonging bygone, Sunshine Tree Terrace has made the surreal switch from the classic Citrus Swirl to a new "Orange Swirl".

The two new options are priced and described as follows:

Orange Swirl Cup $4.29
Orange and Vanilla Soft-serve Ice Cream

Orange Swirl Float $3.99
Orange and Vanilla Soft-serve Ice Cream with Orange Soda

The main difference appears to be the replacement of the frozen orange slush with Orange soft-serve Ice Cream.

No explanation (internal or public) has been reported for the change.

magicofdisney
03-10-2018, 04:06 PM
I think I may like this better.

Is the slush version what we got at Icot20, Jason?

NickD100
03-11-2018, 01:02 PM
I kinda liked the change in consistency of the slush orange juice and the soft serve ice cream. You could could feel and taste the difference.

If it’s all the same texture, the flavor switch might not be as noticeable. It might blend in more together. I dunno. Maybe the orange soft serve will be stronger in flavor and be better. I dunno. Be interesting to try and see which one is better.

Figment!
03-11-2018, 05:18 PM
It has been further clarified that the soft serve is Dole brand. So the orange and vanilla are the same Dole Orange and Dole Vanilla used in the Dole Whip variations over the years.

Is the slush version what we got at Icot20, Jason?

Yep. :thumbsup:

They introduced the Citrus Swirl Float just a month or so before ICOT20; so that incarnation lasted only about 6 months.

... Maybe the orange soft serve will be stronger in flavor and be better. I dunno. Be interesting to try and see which one is better.

Be sure to share your review :mickey:

Kairi_7378
03-11-2018, 09:52 PM
Kind of sad... I liked the Swirl more than the Dole Whip! (My family disagrees.)

brad192
03-12-2018, 12:31 PM
Just don't be a messin' with my Dole Whip Float, or there will be issues...

Figment!
03-15-2018, 08:43 PM
**Update**

magicofdisney
03-15-2018, 10:14 PM
I'm starting to get whiplash.