PDA

View Full Version : DAS question

nqi2
03-05-2018, 11:02 AM
We will be getting a DAS for my daughter who has epilepsy. Fatigue and heat are a huge trigger for her.

My question is when you get a return time for an attraction can you get another one in the same area or is it like a fastpass where you can only have so many at one time.

My thoughts on this is in a certain area we could get several return times. Go and relax for some lunch or just to cool down while we wait our time.

Thanks. This is the first time that we will have to use the service. Just trying to get some more information.

VWL Mom
03-05-2018, 12:01 PM
You can only have one DAS return at a time. Unlike FP though you can return any time after the time stamped on your card so if you need to rest, you can. When you return, the CM will cross off the time making you eligible for a new one.

texas211
03-05-2018, 07:55 PM
We will be getting a DAS for my daughter who has epilepsy. Fatigue and heat are a huge trigger for her.

information.

I don't mean any disrespect. I'm curious, then, why Florida?

If Disney, wouldn't Disneyland be better. Hot there too, but can be cooler (only good thing about California is the weather).

Disney4us2
03-05-2018, 11:08 PM
Like Lynn said, you can only have one DAS st a time. Once you use it you can get another one. They do not give our cards any more. It's all done through the magic bands. You go to the attraction, they will scan the band of the DAS holder and will give you a return time. The wait time is what ever the current wait time is, minus 10 minutes ( I think).

Cinderelley
03-06-2018, 12:44 AM
I don't mean any disrespect. I'm curious, then, why Florida?

If Disney, wouldn't Disneyland be better. Hot there too, but can be cooler (only good thing about California is the weather).

They are two different experiences. Disneyland is 6 hours away from me, but I still like going to Florida for the variety.

nqi2
03-06-2018, 10:25 AM
Because my children like Disneyworld. We live in Indiana so she's used to the heat and humidity anyways. But if she can enjoy her vacations like a normal child that isn't sick then I will do anything to help her.

Laurenpetro
03-06-2018, 01:14 PM
As an aside: the DAS was a lifesaver for us. It was pretty easy to use. We’d book the DAS first thing, go on our 3 FP rides, book more FPs and then go on our DAS. Every once in a while they’d let us directly in with the DAS.
It was especially helpful with rides like Frozen.
Good luck!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

texas211
03-06-2018, 08:50 PM
Because my children like Disneyworld. We live in Indiana so she's used to the heat and humidity anyways. But if she can enjoy her vacations like a normal child that isn't sick then I will do anything to help her.

What time of year are you planning on?

nqi2
03-07-2018, 10:48 AM
First of April. I know they weather won't be too bad. I'm more worried about the fatigue. She's doing well and hasn't had a seizure in a month. But you never know.

texas211
03-07-2018, 07:31 PM
First of April. I know they weather won't be too bad. I'm more worried about the fatigue. She's doing well and hasn't had a seizure in a month. But you never know.

I understand. I do recommend buying a geigerrig. Its like a camelbak, but, there is a squeeze valve (like a bp cuff) so you can pressurize the water. Unlike a camelbak where you have to **** the water out, this can shoot out, can shoot out in a mist. Fill it full of chilly water, very refreshing. I use mine at Disney, hunting, etc. Works very well.