PDA

View Full Version : Animal Kingdom Recommended Dining options

andypooh
02-28-2018, 10:25 AM
We are considering doing a table service meal at AK during our trip in August. We have always just done counter service at AK. Looking for table service recommendations? Thanks.

Dulcee
02-28-2018, 11:00 AM
Animal Kingdom actually has some great table service options. Yak & Yeti is a nice casual location. Think PF changs type food. Tasty and usually easy to get a table. The buffet at Tusker House is a lot of fun and has a ton of great African inspired options as well as safer (and kid friendly) american style food. Our favorite is Tiffins which is a signature location but has some really amazing food and a great wine selection!

BriarRose0708
02-28-2018, 11:23 AM
I have only done Yak and Yeti for table service in this park, and it was years ago. I remember enjoying the food both times. Tusker House gets great reviews but as a character meal you pay more if that's a concern. Personally I am usually very satisfied with the counter service offerings at AK between Flame Tree BBQ, Pizzafari, and the Kebab place.

#1donaldfan
02-28-2018, 12:11 PM
Yak n Yeti for lunch or dinner and Tusker house for breakfast !! YUMMMMMMMMMMMMM !!!!!

ThanxForNoticin
02-28-2018, 12:46 PM
Another vote for Yak & Yeti. That's a regular stop for us most trips. We've done the breakfast buffet at Tusker House and enjoyed it, too. One potential option to at least look at - just outside the entrance is the Rainforest Cafe. You can take a look at their menu and see if there's anything of interest.

buzznwoodysmom
02-28-2018, 02:58 PM
We love Yak and Yeti as well!!

Cinderelley
03-01-2018, 03:47 AM
I really enjoy Tusker House. We booked breakfast there for our next trip with the Rivers of Light dining package to reserve our seating for Rivers of Light (if that is something you are interested in). If you aren't opposed to leaving the park, Animal Kingdom Lodge has some great restaurants too. We enjoy Boma and Sanaa.

We have a Rainforest Café where I live, so it isn't a big draw for us. If you haven't experienced it though, it is pretty cool to see. We usually eat at Rainforest Café in Disneyland when we go there.

texas211
03-01-2018, 08:27 AM
Rainforest? No way. Can't stand the food.

Now Trex. Food is okay, but much cooler inside.

#1donaldfan
03-01-2018, 12:08 PM
I really enjoy Tusker House. We booked breakfast there for our next trip with the Rivers of Light dining package to reserve our seating for Rivers of Light (if that is something you are interested in). If you aren't opposed to leaving the park, Animal Kingdom Lodge has some great restaurants too. We enjoy Boma and Sanaa.

We have a Rainforest Café where I live, so it isn't a big draw for us. If you haven't experienced it though, it is pretty cool to see. We usually eat at Rainforest Café in Disneyland when we go there.

I agree with Boma !!! If you don't mind leaving the park for a few, or just before the park, try Boma's breakfast .... best on Disney property !! IMHO !! As for Rainforest .... it was a one and done, nice place with ok food, but it is what it is ....

angela2679
03-09-2018, 05:29 PM
Tusker House!!!

Simba's Mom
03-10-2018, 01:57 PM
Is Rainforest at AK usually loud? I'm wondering about lunchtime.

Cinderelley
03-10-2018, 05:50 PM
Is Rainforest at AK usually loud? I'm wondering about lunchtime.

When they do the "show", it is. The rest of the time it isn't too bad. I want to say that the show happens every twenty minutes, but it only lasts for a couple of minutes.

ASweetLov
03-11-2018, 10:54 AM
Yak & Yeti is delicious! :mickey:

CanadaLovesDisney
03-17-2018, 05:25 PM
We don't have rainforest café where we are from so we were booking a breakfast reso there every trip until last trip three of us got severe food poisoning from the breakfast pizza pie of the viper. Turned off the restaurant for good unfortunately.

We LOVE flame tree BBQ but that's a quick service. Peanut allergies have us too afraid of Yak and Yeti but have heard good things!

texas211
03-17-2018, 05:44 PM
Giraffe, it's delicious.

mom2morgan
03-17-2018, 11:24 PM
Giraffe, it's delicious.

Yeah, but after a long day of walking around a theme park, who wants to chase down their dinner?

Cinderelley
03-18-2018, 02:13 AM
Giraffe - it's what's for breakfast.

texas211
03-18-2018, 01:05 PM
I would have said Zebra. But, they are just sleeping now..

Cinderelley
03-18-2018, 10:34 PM
They are always "lion" around

DisneyWorld1971
03-19-2018, 09:49 AM
Yak and Yetti is our favorite!!:mickey:

HoosierDisneyFan
04-14-2018, 10:00 AM
Yak & Yeti for in park TS or Boma inside the Animal Kingdom Lodge is only a short bus trip anyway. Great buffet that has something for everyone. If you haven't tried Zebra Domes, I would make a trip to Boma! Make sure you have ADRs.