PDA

View Full Version : 'Ohana Reservation

WDW1985
02-25-2018, 09:48 PM
Over the last couple of trips to WDW I have failed to get a dinner reservation at 'Ohana, which used to be a huge family favorite. Why is this place so ridiculously popular now and what's the secret to actually getting a reservation???

:confused:
wdw1985

BriarRose0708
02-26-2018, 08:13 AM
Check the app as frequently as possible for openings. I snagged one for a dinner in April the other week when there was absolutely no availability for months. As far as why it's so popular, who knows. It's like anything else at Disney, once the hype machine starts there's no stopping it. I enjoy the food there, but know many who don't because of the menu changes/elimination of some favorites. Yet it's still one of the most difficult tables to get on property!

buzznwoodysmom
02-26-2018, 09:47 AM
Your best bet is to book it at 180 days. We go at all different times of the year, including very busy holiday weeks, and we have always been able to get Ohana at the 180 day mark.

Otherwise keep checking. I was able to get Ohana on July 5th last year about 6 weeks out. The time was late, 9:30pm, but I was able to move it up twice. Two days before we dined there an 8:30 slot opened up. Then the day of an 8:00 time slot opened up. We were a party of 6, and that's a major holiday week.

#1donaldfan
02-27-2018, 12:08 PM
We've never had a problem getting in but we like a very late dinner, then we get to see the fireworks !! I suppose it's so popular because the food is actually very good !! I do miss the O'hana potatoes tho !!

ThanxForNoticin
03-01-2018, 12:11 PM
We've never had a problem getting in but we like a very late dinner, then we get to see the fireworks !! I suppose it's so popular because the food is actually very good !! I do miss the O'hana potatoes tho !!

We should really push a campaign to get those potatoes back!!

WDW1985
03-01-2018, 05:10 PM

When it comes to Disney I really hate change. :angry:

texas211
03-01-2018, 05:59 PM

Can I get an Amen here... AMEN

#1donaldfan
03-06-2018, 12:27 PM

IMHO the absolute worst change Disney orchestrated was ending the breakfast at Boatwrights at POR .... that was the best breakfast on property ... now the best is Boma ......

#1donaldfan
03-06-2018, 12:28 PM
We should really push a campaign to get those potatoes back!!

I wish they'd listen ... but I'm thinking my voice will carry little weight .... still ...... Ohana's is incredible !!

WDW1985
03-12-2018, 06:21 PM
If you want to experience the fireworks from Ohana what reservation time seems to work best?

HoosierDisneyFan
04-14-2018, 09:40 AM
You probably can blame my son & I. We made ADRs for 2 nights during our upcoming trip. Of course right at the 180 day mark.