PDA

View Full Version : Hoop De Doo or Luau

ransam
02-14-2018, 05:41 PM
For a big group, what would you recommend? just curious.

CynBeth
02-14-2018, 07:06 PM
Most people would say HDDR but we liked SOA better.

ibelieveindisneymagic
02-14-2018, 09:30 PM
I love HDD, and think it is perfect for a group!

Cinderelley
02-15-2018, 04:17 AM
I would say Hoop Dee Doo. The seating is circular, so it is more conducive to everyone being included. Plus, the majority of people on here seem to prefer Hoop Dee Doo, so the majority of your group would probably like Hoop Dee Doo better.

TinkerbellT421
02-15-2018, 09:51 AM
I prefer HDD over the Luau anyday. To be honest, I did the luau once and won't ever do it again.
I didn't care for any of it, seating was awful and uncomfortable, the entertainment show was just okay, the only highlight was the flame thrower, everything else was meh. I didn't care for the food at all, everything was over pineappley and sweet. It was a nice experience to have, but the over all experience left nothing to be desired. Hoop dee doo on the other hand I would love to go back to. The entertainment and interaction was great and everything about it was fun and entertaining. The food was great. I loved it.

#1donaldfan
02-15-2018, 12:58 PM
Depends on when you go. If it's very hot out the Luau stinks !! It's crazily hot, with little to no air moving around. I've never done the HDD, but have Trails End many times and the food is much the same I hear, so that would certainly be my pick !!

joanna71985
02-19-2018, 08:35 PM
Hoop! One of my favorite places on property (I typically go there once a month)

WDW1985
02-25-2018, 09:39 PM
I've done both and agree with the replies. The HDR is just an overall better show and experience. I've done it multiple times and it never gets old, because the players keep changing. The food is very good. IMHO the Luau is a one time experience and although it does work great with large groups it's not as entertaining for the money.

:mickey: