PDA

View Full Version : Contemporary Theme Park View

AvonleaCF
02-12-2018, 07:59 PM
If you reserve, and pay for, a theme park tower room at Contemporary, are you guaranteed that view? Are some rooms better than others? I put “highest floor” on my online request but didn’t know if I should also ask for a particular area (room closer to the MK side)? I started a new job last year and this is my treat to myself. :cloud9: Thanks!

Goofy4TheWorld
02-12-2018, 10:07 PM
I had to go look back at my old posts to confirm my fuzzy memory, but there is really no difference in any room on that side of the building. Quoting myself from http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?174551-Original-Contemporary-MK-view-question

"If you book a MK View room, you will have a clear view of Magic Kingdom and the fireworks, no matter what room you get. Every room's balcony will have the exact same view, there really isn't a bad MK View room or floor to be found anywhere in the Tower."

Also, if you pay for a theme park view you are guaranteed it.

DisneyCrazy
02-13-2018, 04:19 PM
If you reserve, and pay for, a theme park tower room at Contemporary, are you guaranteed that view? Are some rooms better than others? I put “highest floor” on my online request but didn’t know if I should also ask for a particular area (room closer to the MK side)? I started a new job last year and this is my treat to myself. :cloud9: Thanks!

Yes, you are guaranteed a room with a view of the Magic Kingdom. You could request a room on the north end of the Tower which would be over the shops and not the restaurants. The rooms on the south end of the Tower can be noisy in the morning and evening from the music and crowds at Chef MIckey's.

Also, if you request and are assigned a room ending in an odd number, the beds in the room will be arranged so you can see Cinderella Castle while you're in bed.

baldburke
02-14-2018, 12:21 PM
Also, if you request and are assigned a room ending in an odd number, the beds in the room will be arranged so you can see Cinderella Castle while you're in bed.

If you are in a two bedroom unit then is that for all beds or just the master?

VWL Mom
02-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Yes, you are guaranteed a room with a view of the Magic Kingdom. You could request a room on the north end of the Tower which would be over the shops and not the restaurants. The rooms on the south end of the Tower can be noisy in the morning and evening from the music and crowds at Chef MIckey's.

If you are in a two bedroom unit then is that for all beds or just the master?
This is for the Contemporary, not BLT. There are no special bed arrangements in the BLT MK view.

AvonleaCF
02-14-2018, 09:00 PM
Thank you all!!

I thought I read a post somewhere where someone said their view out the tower was the roof of the convention center and they couldn’t see the castle so I got scared.

I read through Goofy’s linked thread and that was super helpful too.

I’m excited for my stay! I never spend this much on my resort but hey you only live once, right?

Goofy4TheWorld
02-14-2018, 09:44 PM
If you look at the view of the Contemporary by clicking here (https://www.google.com/maps/place/Disney's+Contemporary+Resort/@28.415571,-81.5780149,315a,35y,93.64h,44.89t/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x88e7809c48173211:0xde1ea 49a4b7f9e34!8m2!3d28.4157167!4d-81.574656) you can see what someone might criticize as a "view that was the roof of the convention center".

The first thing you should notice in the picture is that there are NO GUEST ROOMS any lower than the 5th floor. In the picture you can see at the base of the tower the exterior is solid white instead of having balcony rooms. This is because floors one through four-and-a-half are public areas and not guest rooms.

Second you can see the convention center on the right side of the picture, and at worst it may be 4 stories tall (if that). While it is true that from any MK view room you can see the roof of the convention center, it is in no way distracting. As you can see from the picture, if you look down from any room you will either see a parking lot or a roof. But when you are on your balcony the MK is toward the left side of the picture (your right standing on the balcony) and the convention center in no way obstructs that view.

Good luck!

Goofy4TheWorld
02-14-2018, 09:53 PM
FYI the link above only works on a PC, it's not mobile friendly.

Cinderelley
02-15-2018, 03:56 AM
I have never really been that interested in the Contemporary, but after seeing the view from that link, I may have to try it.

texas211
02-15-2018, 06:53 PM
I have never really been that interested in the Contemporary, but after seeing the view from that link, I may have to try it.

What's not to like. Monorail. Proximity to MK.

Cinderelley
02-15-2018, 09:39 PM
What's not to like. Monorail. Proximity to MK.

The way it looks basically. If I wanted to see concrete looking stuff, I can stay home in the city. Our days in the parks are usually spread out pretty evenly, so being close to MK isn't that big of a deal. We're only there for 2 days out of our trip and the morning we leave.

baldburke
02-16-2018, 12:59 PM
This is for the Contemporary, not BLT. There are no special bed arrangements in the BLT MK view.

Good to know! I thought all the beds face to the center on a two bedroom at BLT, just like at Aulani. The set up looks almost identical.

mom2morgan
02-16-2018, 06:44 PM
If you look at the view of the Contemporary by clicking here (https://www.google.com/maps/place/Disney's+Contemporary+Resort/@28.415571,-81.5780149,315a,35y,93.64h,44.89t/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x88e7809c48173211:0xde1ea 49a4b7f9e34!8m2!3d28.4157167!4d-81.574656) you can see what someone might criticize as a "view that was the roof of the convention center".

You just stole an hour of my life. I've never thought to look at Orlando on Google maps - Disney, Universal, Seaworld - fascinating! I don't have great map or "spatial" skills so I've never really been able to visualize where everything is in relation to one another.

Cinderelley
02-16-2018, 09:55 PM
You just stole an hour of my life. I've never thought to look at Orlando on Google maps - Disney, Universal, Seaworld - fascinating! I don't have great map or "spatial" skills so I've never really been able to visualize where everything is in relation to one another.

Oh no! Now that you've given me that idea, I can see a lot of my life fading away this way.

Cinderelley
02-17-2018, 04:18 AM
Oh no! Now that you've given me that idea, I can see a lot of my life fading away this way.

I killed some time at work looking around Magic Kingdom tonight. It was completely worth it. All of the stress recently had made it so that I wasn't excited about our trip anymore. Now I am excited again. :)

MouseHouser
03-02-2018, 02:59 PM
Ha, me too! Just spent an hour looking at Disney World and Orlando from above. Good times.

AvonleaCF
07-03-2018, 06:36 PM
Only 60 days until my dream stay at the Contemporary!!! I put in requests for an odd-numbered room on a high level above the shops. We'll see what happens! But I'm soooooo excited.