PDA

View Full Version : Walt Disney World Resort Proclaims Guardians of the Galaxy Will Set Coaster Record

Figment!
02-12-2018, 07:35 PM
From the D23 Expo 2018 in Japan:

... With the “Guardians of the Galaxy”-inspired coaster, we’re going big. This one-of-a-kind family attraction will be one of the world’s longest enclosed roller coasters when it’s added to Future World at Epcot. It’ll feature a unique story currently being created by Walt Disney Imagineering and include a new innovative ride system that’s guaranteed to “wow” guests.

The “Guardians of the Galaxy”-inspired coaster is part of our ongoing work to transform Epcot into a place that’s more family, more relevant, more timeless and more Disney. “As we build upon its core mission of optimism and hope to inspire the world, the real will become fantastic and the fantastic will become real—in whole new ways at Epcot,” Bob Chapek, Chairman of Walt Disney Parks & Resorts, said.

The attraction will open in time for the 50th anniversary of Walt Disney World Resort in 2021.

joonyer
02-12-2018, 09:17 PM
Go Big or Go Home!

Glad to hear that WDW is going for a big deal with a new attraction. I can imagine this could be very cool!

PopPhan
02-13-2018, 07:37 AM
So, are they still planning for this to use both the Universe of Energy pavilion AND the Wonders of Life pavilion areas? The write up seemed to imply only the UoE pavilion area would be used.

TinkerbellT421
02-13-2018, 07:45 AM
This is exciting. First, I love the Guardians of the Galaxy movies. Secondly, I love that Epcot is finally getting a little TLC, well over do and hope there is a lot more to come. Thirdly, I am excited to see what they do with it.

brad192
02-13-2018, 06:52 PM
Go Big or Go Home!

Glad to hear that WDW is going for a big deal with a new attraction. I can imagine this could be very cool!

Very cool, yes. I also can imagine the 3 hour plus wait times to ride this. Oh well, maybe it'll draw off some of the crowds from Frozen & Soarin'...and when was that opening date again? Hmmm.

Tekneek
02-14-2018, 10:59 AM
Hmmm....

I hope those excited about it do end up enjoying it. I'm not hear to rain on any parades.

Unfortunately for me, the changes to Future World tell me that I would enjoy entering through the International Gateway more than ever before.

#1donaldfan
02-14-2018, 12:04 PM
I love the idea and cannot wait to ride it !!! Sweet !!

Jeany031
02-28-2018, 02:59 PM
I love Guardians of the Galaxy movies and I can't wait to ride it! Awesome!