PDA

View Full Version : quiet pool fences

waymickey
02-09-2018, 01:57 PM
Question? Do all the pools quiet included have fences around them now or is it jjust the main pools? I am wondering the logistics with my 4 year old. Can she easily get to the pools if our room is by a quiet pool. Of course I plan to watch her like a hawk but she loves water and has no fear. She can swim well but still I worry.

buzznwoodysmom
02-09-2018, 05:12 PM
Where will you be staying?

Our last few resorts had all pools fenced. Those were Polynesian, wilderness lodge, and Caribbean beach. It seems all pools should be fenced, but I can't confirm any of the other pools.

waymickey
02-10-2018, 09:03 AM
We are planning on staying over at the boardwalk, but we have not made the reservation yet. I am also thinking about Beach club and port orleans riverside

ibelieveindisneymagic
02-10-2018, 11:12 AM
We stayed at POR last summer, I don't believe that there was a fence at the quiet pools. Unless you're actually facing the pool, I doubt your child will even know it is there/understand how to get to it, since I sometimes have trouble finding it as a "grown-up"! :)

Simba's Mom
02-10-2018, 01:06 PM
We are planning on staying over at the boardwalk, but we have not made the reservation yet. I am also thinking about Beach club and port orleans riverside

I remember that the quiet pool, at least at BCV was fenced. I walked by the BC's quiet pool, though, and don't remember fencing there.

TinkerbellT421
02-11-2018, 09:28 AM
We just got back from bwv last week and there was a fence at the quiet pool all the way around. Not locked but the latch is high so a child can not reach it to get in.

mermaidmarian
03-08-2018, 02:01 PM
I was at POR last week and noticed right away that there were fences and security gates around all of the pools in the Riverside section.

texas211
03-08-2018, 06:50 PM
I was at POR last week and noticed right away that there were fences and security gates around all of the pools in the Riverside section.

I hated the way the fences look. POR is my fav resort. Makes it look like an apartment complex pool.

baldburke
03-09-2018, 12:23 PM
Isn't it FL law that all pools must be fenced? If they are not then they may be soon. Maybe WDW got some sort of exception that allows them time to upgrade. I'm sure it is tough to fit fencing into their capital budget (kidding!).

brownie
03-09-2018, 10:12 PM
Isn't it FL law that all pools must be fenced? If they are not then they may be soon. Maybe WDW got some sort of exception that allows them time to upgrade. I'm sure it is tough to fit fencing into their capital budget (kidding!).

There's a law requiring fencing/barriers for residential pools in Florida. There doesn't appear to be a similar requirement for hotels, etc.

JerseyDad
03-11-2018, 08:16 PM
There's a law requiring fencing/barriers for residential pools in Florida. There doesn't appear to be a similar requirement for hotels, etc.

.......if the hotel wants to pay lower insurance premiums, and have less involvement with lawyers ...they'll add a fence.

.....at the advice ....of their lawyers

texas211
03-12-2018, 08:41 AM
"Let's kill all of the lawyers" -WS

baldburke
03-12-2018, 12:37 PM
.......if the hotel wants to pay lower insurance premiums, and have less involvement with lawyers ...they'll add a fence.

.....at the advice ....of their lawyers

Sounds like the mob?

texas211
03-12-2018, 07:23 PM
Sounds like the mob?

Leave the gun, take the Mickey shaped canoli.