PDA

View Full Version : Special needs daughter

bellerose
01-30-2018, 09:58 AM
I have been to Disney so many times but now I finally get to take my DD! She is 2 years old with global delays. (Not talking yet, not walking without assistance, G-tube fed, along with other issues). We will be driving to Disney when we go and staying on property. What were some things you did to make your trip easier? I was thinking it would be easy to drive to the parks rather than taking the bus. Is there any problem getting through security with her foods and feeding tubes? Any advice from you guys would be much appreciated!

Disney4us2
01-30-2018, 05:54 PM
Is the food in glass containers or plastic? I've seen glass containers taken. No problem with plastics. Also hi to guest services and get a "stroller as a wheelchair " tag. That way you can take the stroller with you in lines.

magicofdisney
01-31-2018, 10:17 AM
The only park that may be easier to take a bus rather than driving is Magic Kingdom. I'm not sure what your ease of transportation is outside your vehicle, but Magic Kingdom requires a monorail or boat ride (which may be just what you're wanting :)) before reaching the park. Have fun making memories with your daughter!

Dulcee
02-01-2018, 12:49 PM
I would definitely get a stroller as wheelchair tag. You may not always need it but lines can get long holding a two year old and it will give you some flexibility if needed. You may also want to scope out the location of the baby centers at each park. We found them helpful for our son on our last trip who has some sensory issues. They were a good, quiet location to decompress as well as better equipped for bigger kids who need diaper changes or medications taken.

bellerose
02-05-2018, 03:15 PM
Is the food in glass containers or plastic? I've seen glass containers taken. No problem with plastics. Also hi to guest services and get a "stroller as a wheelchair " tag. That way you can take the stroller with you in lines.

Her food is not in glass containers. I'll only be bringing Pedisure for her to make things easy. And I did not know about the stroller as a wheelchair option. She does get very heavy and I didn't even think about having to hold her! Thank you!

bellerose
02-05-2018, 03:17 PM
The only park that may be easier to take a bus rather than driving is Magic Kingdom. I'm not sure what your ease of transportation is outside your vehicle, but Magic Kingdom requires a monorail or boat ride (which may be just what you're wanting :)) before reaching the park. Have fun making memories with your daughter!

The monorail is considered a ride in my house! Haha!