PDA

View Full Version : Ordering meals with the MDE app

NewDVCowner
01-23-2018, 01:26 PM
I know last year Disney rolled out the in app ordering at quick service locations. I see that they still only allow you to pay for your food with a credit card. The app does say that they 'aren't accepting dining plans just yet' which leads me to think that they plan on accepting the dining plan at some point. Does anyone have an idea of when that might be?

Mendelson
01-23-2018, 01:43 PM
I don't know, but am just chiming in to say.... It would be nice for those on the DDP to have this ability. But once they do, and once people get used to it, it will completely lose its usefulness. At some point we'll hit mobile-order parity, where the wait for mobile orders is as long as the stand-by line at the restaurant.

Technically, btw, you don't pay with a credit card. It gets charged to your account and then you can pay however you want. I mean, it's usually a credit card but could be gift cards, cash, etc.

ibelieveindisneymagic
01-23-2018, 04:11 PM
I don't know if we'll ever hit parity ... I mean, just look at the lines for people to order at BOG, when pre-order with the DDP is available.

Still, even if they allow for DDP, it would be quicker than waiting in line for people trying to look at the menu and decide what to order. It isn't rocket science! :)