PDA

View Full Version : Fastpass advice?

mom2morgan
01-21-2018, 03:40 PM
I'm overwhelmed with choices and complications. Not sure what Fastpasses to request. Here is what I'm thinking:
We're doing two half days at AKL, which I think will up my chances of getting both the new rides, so I'm thinking
Day one - Flights of passage, Expedition Everest, Kali River
Day two - Navi whatever (can't remember what its called right now, LOL), Kilimanjaro, Dinosaur? or Expedition again? (it's my favourite)

Magic Kingdom, have a full day and a part - we aren't interested in Fantasyland other than trying out Seven Dwarves - so that one for sure. What would be the next priorities - the three mountains?

DHS - Top priorities are Tower of Terror and Rockin' Roller Coaster - but I don't think I can get both? (sorry, I have to take another look at the listing above after I finish this post). Not desperate to do Toy Story, but could. Here's my concern - with so much closed there, I fear that what attractions there are will be packed! And should we got see Fantasmic? Did it years ago.

Epcot - Soarin or Test Track? Which is harder on standby? And then..do I really need one for Spaceship Earth? It has always been a walk on, (which means, much to the chagrin of my family, that it is the first thing I do EVERY time I step into the park, including the vacation where we went there for dinner every single night, LOL)

We are going in mid May, so I'm not sure what crowd levels will be line.

VWL Mom
01-21-2018, 04:32 PM
As far as FOP, I would start trying with that on your second AK day, the further into your trip the better yours chances are, Navi's a bit easier to get. DHS you can get both RnRc and ToT, ToT is tier 2, would use the 3rd for Star Wars which has become increasingly popular due to the fact that there isn't much else. MK, the mountains probably are your best bet. EP, would probably FP TT and standby Soaring ,and yes, believe it or not there are times when SE has a ridiculously long line so I would grab a FP if you're interested.

PopPhan
02-26-2018, 04:22 PM
Here's hoping you can get the FP+ options you want.

I just booked mine (Sunday 2/25) for my April 26 - May 1 trip and had no problem whatsoever getting FP+ for Flights of Passage (FoP) OR Na'vi River Journey (NRJ). I started with my last day in the parks and worked backward, but was able to secure FoP for each of my last 4 days and the same if I wanted Na'vi River Journey. I kept 2 FoP (one late morning and one evening) and one NRJ (morning) for days that I thought I would be in AK.

Maybe I'm just lucky, but I have had no problems getting either of these attractions on my last two trips.

RunDMV
02-26-2018, 06:26 PM
Here's hoping you can get the FP+ options you want.

I just booked mine (Sunday 2/25) for my April 26 - May 1 trip and had no problem whatsoever getting FP+ for Flights of Passage (FoP) OR Na'vi River Journey (NRJ). I started with my last day in the parks and worked backward, but was able to secure FoP for each of my last 4 days and the same if I wanted Na'vi River Journey. I kept 2 FoP (one late morning and one evening) and one NRJ (morning) for days that I thought I would be in AK.

Maybe I'm just lucky, but I have had no problems getting either of these attractions on my last two trips.

How many in your party?

PopPhan
02-26-2018, 09:33 PM
How many in your party?

I'm just a solo act. That could be a factor as well.

Speedy1998
02-28-2018, 01:04 PM
Personally, I would do Soarin' as a Fastpass, and use the single rider line to ride Test Track. This is not for everyone as your party will be broken up, but it works for my group.

RunDMV
02-28-2018, 07:06 PM
I'm just a solo act. That could be a factor as well.

Ya think?

texas211
02-28-2018, 08:09 PM
I like Soarin for FP, and go to TT first thing. Its less busy b/c it is farther away. Soarin. I swear people must sleep there.
Don't forget about Frozen.

MK- Don't forget about other runners up, Peter Pan, Buzz, Pirates.

AndrewJackson
03-02-2018, 06:21 AM
I like Soarin for FP, and go to TT first thing. Its less busy b/c it is farther away. Soarin. I swear people must sleep there.
Don't forget about Frozen.

MK- Don't forget about other runners up, Peter Pan, Buzz, Pirates.

I agree. If you’re spending two days at MK, my 6 would be 7DMT, Pan, the three mountains, and Pirates.