PDA

View Full Version : Good Non-park spot for an anniversary dinner?

BriarRose0708
01-18-2018, 11:13 AM
DH and I will be in Orlando the week before our first wedding anniversary. We won't have park tickets but have a Friday evening free and I was thinking about reserving Cali Grill for a fancy date night dinner and Magic Kingdom fireworks viewing. The only two ADR times right now are 5:30 p.m. (too early for us to get there), or 9:25 p.m. (way too late for us to eat). What other restaurants? I was thinking Ohana or Narcoosees/Citricos. They all have good food and potential fireworks viewing. Any other thoughts?

#1donaldfan
01-18-2018, 12:49 PM
Ohana would be my pick if you wanted or had to see the fireworks. We dropped in at the Boathouse on our trip last summer, had no reservations, the place was packed but we were allowed to sit at the bar. It was our last night after the rest of the family had left earlier that day. It was our best meal and best time of that entire week.

Pally
01-18-2018, 02:11 PM
Congratulations on your first anniversary. I highly recommend Citricos. My husband and I celebrated our 26th anniversary there in October last year. We have eaten here a few times now. The food is consistently excellent. We find it quieter than many other restaurants. My husband hates going to restaurants that the noise level is very loud. You could also watch the band on second level and have cocktails before or after meal.

Cinderelley
01-19-2018, 04:04 AM
I have been to Narcoossee's several times and enjoyed it each time. If fireworks are important to you, have you considered doing a fireworks cruise that night?

Mr. Smee
01-19-2018, 08:32 AM
Of the options listed, I'd book Ohana, just because Poly is our favorite, and depending on when you eat, you can either watch MK fireworks from your table hopefully, or wander down to trader Sams and enjoy a post dinner beverage and watch from there. If you google "Guide to Viewing Disney Fireworks Outside the Parks" you will find an article from that has the usual recommendations plus a few interesting alternatives. I'd be intrigued by Eleven at the Reunion resort since you'd be up high and be able to see shows from 3 parks. Enjoy.

BriarRose0708
01-19-2018, 09:36 AM
Thanks for the suggestions, all! I am going to keep checking for Cali Grill if anything opens up between now and April when we go down there. But, I made a back up ressie for Citricos at 7:30pm just in case. Looking at the menu, it was our next choice.

buzznwoodysmom
01-19-2018, 01:03 PM
If seeing the fireworks is a must I would keep trying for California Grill. It has been our favorite place for date night. Watching the fireworks from the observation deck is probably the best spot we have watched outside of the park, and we have watched at a few different places.

Otherwise yachtsman steakhouse has also been a nice date night spot.

Hammer
01-19-2018, 02:28 PM
Nikki,

My suggestion if you can't get California Grill would be Citricos or Narcoossee's. I love both restaurants, but you can view the fireworks from the dock right by Narcoossee's. Food is fantastic at both places!

texas211
01-19-2018, 09:19 PM
Morton's Steakhouse. One of my favorites. Everything is delicious.

If on property, then Grand Floridian, Victoria and Alberts. There are some different options there as well.

jenperich
01-23-2018, 09:34 AM
DH and I will be in Orlando the week before our first wedding anniversary. We won't have park tickets but have a Friday evening free and I was thinking about reserving Cali Grill for a fancy date night dinner and Magic Kingdom fireworks viewing. The only two ADR times right now are 5:30 p.m. (too early for us to get there), or 9:25 p.m. (way too late for us to eat). What other restaurants? I was thinking Ohana or Narcoosees/Citricos. They all have good food and potential fireworks viewing. Any other thoughts?

Narcoossee’s hands down! We ate there on our engagement trip and it was a wonderful experience! It is my favorite restaurant for the atmosphere alone. Then you add in the great service and food. Our waiter made sure our meal was perfectly timed around Wishes. You’ll have a magnificent meal there! Happy anniversary!

Simba's Mom
01-23-2018, 01:41 PM
We celebrated our 30th anniversary at Artist Point, and it was excellent service, food, and entire experience. From the moment the manager met us at the door with our personalized menus, brought us to our window-side table where our complimentary champagne toast awaited, we knew we were in for a special evening and we weren't disappointed. DS and DDIL went to California Grill for their first anniversary and were disappointed, although one reason is that they like "regular" food, not fancy. Also, they were seated right in the middle of a busy room.

BriarRose0708
02-13-2018, 08:23 AM
I've been checking and checking and checking and then this morning.... SCORE! 7:20 p.m. at California Grill. So excited! I also got a Chef Mickey's ressie for earlier in the week in case I can't get an 'Ohana dinner. Keep checking that app, people. It works!

faline
02-13-2018, 12:43 PM
I've been checking and checking and checking and then this morning.... SCORE! 7:20 p.m. at California Grill. So excited!

Yay!!!!

brad192
02-13-2018, 06:59 PM
Morton's Steakhouse. One of my favorites. Everything is delicious.

If on property, then Grand Floridian, Victoria and Alberts. There are some different options there as well.

A caveat for V&A's - nice clothes & relatively deep pockets required. The whole experience is worth it though.

BriarRose0708
02-14-2018, 08:38 AM
A caveat for V&A's - nice clothes & relatively deep pockets required. The whole experience is worth it though.

I briefly considered that, but it was pretty out of our price range and while we like sophisticated food, the menu and reviews seemed a little too sophisticated for us! I am certain we will be really happy with California Grill!

Cinderelley
02-15-2018, 03:44 AM
I've been checking and checking and checking and then this morning.... SCORE! 7:20 p.m. at California Grill. So excited! I also got a Chef Mickey's ressie for earlier in the week in case I can't get an 'Ohana dinner. Keep checking that app, people. It works!

I am so excited for you! Let us know how it is.

BriarRose0708
02-15-2018, 02:18 PM
.....And today I got my wish for 'Ohana! Thank you, Disney Gods! :joy:

cer
02-15-2018, 05:08 PM
.....And today I got my wish for 'Ohana! Thank you, Disney Gods! :joy:

I'm so happy for you!!!