PDA

View Full Version : Grand Floridian Cafe - your thoughts?

DisneyFan1979
01-16-2018, 12:12 PM
What are your experiences with the Grand Floridian Cafe? I like to do dinner at one of the MK resorts as it's fun to explore the resort and shops afterwards. In November, I chose the Poly and ate at Kona Cafe. I've really liked Kona in the past, but was rather disappointed with their new menu. The chicken dish was so sweet it could have been dessert! I would try it again and get the fish instead (I don't eat red meat), but want to see what others think about the Grand Floridian Cafe first.

Thanks!

Simba's Mom
01-16-2018, 12:43 PM
I love the Grand Floridian Cafe for lunch-the sunlight coming in makes it so appealing. I've always had good service and food also. However, when I went by at night, after dark, the lighting looked kind of unappealing. But this was several years ago, so maybe things have improved. Either way, the food and service are probably till good at dinnertime.

ThanxForNoticin
01-16-2018, 12:45 PM
We've had some really good breakfast experiences there, but have not done dinner. I have to think it will be good, though. When we've done dinners at GF, we've had some very nice meals at Citricos and Narcoossees - both excellent options, too.

WDW1985
01-16-2018, 01:06 PM
We love the GF Cafe for breakfast and for dinner. The atmosphere is very busy and kind of loud, but the servers are great and the food has always been good. I'd give it a try.

WDW1985
:mickey::wine:

ibelieveindisneymagic
01-16-2018, 01:22 PM
We had our first dinner at the Grand Floridian Café last summer and LOVED it. The food was good and the service was excellent, it is now on our "must-do" list.

buzznwoodysmom
01-16-2018, 03:36 PM
We love Grand Floridian Café. Had our first dinner there years ago because it was the only monorail/MK option available that looked appealing when we searched for a place to eat that evening before we left our room that morning. Turned out to be one of the best meals of the trip. Food was great, service was excellent, and the atmosphere was so pleasant. Very quiet and bright and airy, which was a very welcomed experience since we arrived there straight from MK on a hot summer day. We have been back several times for dinner. Always a nice meal.

DisneyFan1979
01-17-2018, 10:30 AM
Thank you so much for your responses! I think I'll give it a try!

SBETigg
01-18-2018, 03:10 PM
I love the GF Cafe and prefer it to Kona, though both have good things to offer. I've had wonderful experiences there for B, L, D. Usually good service, and never a bad time. Also, it's usually available if you decide to go without advance planning, with a pleasant, relaxed atmosphere.

Hammer
01-19-2018, 03:31 PM
I love the GF Cafe and prefer it to Kona, though both have good things to offer. I've had wonderful experiences there for B, L, D. Usually good service, and never a bad time. Also, it's usually available if you decide to go without advance planning, with a pleasant, relaxed atmosphere.

I agree with everything Sherri said. Have gone there many times for breakfast and a couple times for lunch and we are always happy with our meal. It's been a while since I went there for dinner (10 years) but I remember my parents thoroughly enjoyed it. May be time to go back there for an arrival day dinner!