PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone used the Dining Plans since they added booze?

TheDuckRocks
01-15-2018, 09:41 AM
For some reason I'm not sure of we are going with the dining plan this trip and noticed that for beverages with meals you can choose an alcoholic beverage. We are not big drinkers by any means but this might be nice as we are traveling without anyone else this time. My real question is do they give you a very limited list or is pretty much everything on the menu included?
Thanks from a non-drinking senior citizen on an ECV. ;):marg::beer:

Zippy 1
01-15-2018, 11:42 AM
We will be using the dining plan starting Wednesday. I will report back on what is offered for alcoholic beverages

VWL Mom
01-15-2018, 12:43 PM
From the looks of what I saw, most drinks under $17 are included. There was no separate listing for DDP, just notes on the wine lists, cocktail menus, etc.

#1donaldfan
01-15-2018, 01:05 PM
For some reason I'm not sure of we are going with the dining plan this trip and noticed that for beverages with meals you can choose an alcoholic beverage. We are not big drinkers by any means but this might be nice as we are traveling without anyone else this time. My real question is do they give you a very limited list or is pretty much everything on the menu included?
Thanks from a non-drinking senior citizen on an ECV. ;):marg::beer:

A non-drinking senior on an ECV .... that ought to be interesting if you get a strong drink !!! I'm kidding everyone ... I'm not bashing anyone ... haahahaha !!!

John
01-16-2018, 06:21 AM
I don't do the dining plan but this is interesting and would love to hear the details of someone who does it...

TheDuckRocks
01-16-2018, 11:08 AM
I don't do the dining plan but this is interesting and would love to hear the details of someone who does it...

I'm planning on keeping notes of our total dining experience this trip with the beverages being the major focus. I will report back as I think the whole pricing structure will tip to the advantage of a consumer of the alcohol and really be hard for a non-alcohol user to break even currently.

VWL Mom
01-16-2018, 04:08 PM
I will tell you I noticed a lot more people with drinks. For example, usually when we have breakfast at Kona we're one of the few tables with Bloody Mary's and Mimosas. This trip, they added a Mimosa flight and a Bloody Mary flight to the menu and there was at least one on every table! Also noticed quite a few wine drinkers at dinner and btw the wines were full pours.

texas211
01-17-2018, 07:51 AM
A non-drinking senior on an ECV .... that ought to be interesting if you get a strong drink !!! I'm kidding everyone ... I'm not bashing anyone ... haahahaha !!!

It'll be like Ben Hur chariot races :)

I just wish you could use the resort refillable mugs on drinks. Now that would be great. The bus lines would be more tolerable after I've had a boiler maker or two.

Zippy 1
01-25-2018, 11:30 AM
We just got home from DW last night. We used the dining plan. At most table service locations everything on the drink menu is available as your beverage choice with the dining plan. At Tutto Italia it was anything $16 and under. We did not feel limited at all in our drink choices.

TheDuckRocks
02-04-2018, 07:48 AM
Just back and found that most any single serving alcoholic beverage is included. Some places may have a section of the menu that is off limits or impose a dollar amount limit, I saw one place that it was $12 and 2 others it was $16. The sad thing is with the additional cost of the DDP you almost have to drink the alcoholic beverages to break even. For someone who only drinks occasionally I found it was really more than I wanted so towards the end of the trip my old stand by cokes and iced teas were showing up more often.

Scallywag
02-19-2018, 09:14 PM
Can you get your Alcoholic beverage any time of the day, or do you have to use it with your table service meal?

VWL Mom
02-20-2018, 07:17 AM
Can you get your Alcoholic beverage any time of the day, or do you have to use it with your table service meal?

The beverage needs to accompany your meal.

Not sure about CS locations that don't have wine/beer. Kay, did you visit one of these? Did they give a credit for later or did you just lose it?

TheDuckRocks
02-20-2018, 10:32 AM
You will just get a non-alcoholic beverage. The highlight for us was eating at D-Luxe Burger at Disney Springs and being able to get a milkshake not included before the change. Brought back memories of teen years.