PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of Garden Grill?

Cinderelley
01-15-2018, 04:11 AM
What are your thoughts on this restaurant? What meal did you eat? How long ago was it? Would you go again?

John
01-15-2018, 07:07 AM
Sooooo long ago for me. Liked going there with the kids and love the revolving restaurant but always thought the food was very average for the price. I expected better. In my head I imagine the kitchen for the restaurant just being the food court below (though probably isn't).

That being said, it's been probably 5-7 years since I've eaten there.

VWL Mom
01-15-2018, 07:52 AM
We tried it in August for the first time (breakfast) and won't go back. The eggs were odd tasting to the point we asked if they were powdered but they said no. If you have little ones and are on the meal plan you might try it because the character interaction was good but for adults playing OOP I'd say avoid.

Zippy 1
01-15-2018, 09:19 AM
We will be doing breakfast there for the first time on Friday. I will let you know how it is

ibelieveindisneymagic
01-15-2018, 09:44 AM
We are big GG fans. Last summer we had breakfast in May, and dinner in August. We LOVE the character interaction, it is awesome, to the point where you get sick of the characters coming around!

Dinner is my favourite though. The food is good. The salad is wonderful, and I'm always salad deprived on Disney trips, so I look forward to it. The food isn't anything special, but served hot, decent tasting, and it is all-you-can-eat.

Breakfast was fine, but they served us so much food that DD actually got upset, exclaiming "how much do they expect us to eat?"

We have some food allergies in our family, and in all cases, they have been excellent in making sure we were well taken care of.

#1donaldfan
01-15-2018, 01:03 PM
It is good, both for breakfast and dinner .. not one of our favorites but it is a good change of pace !!

ThanxForNoticin
01-15-2018, 01:13 PM
We've eaten dinner there within the past year, and we thought it was a decent meal. The service was good, the food wasn't anything special.... Not sure we'll rush back again anytime soon, but we won't avoid it like we do 2 or 3 Disney restaurants.

missymouseworld
01-15-2018, 02:30 PM
I can honestly say we never had a bad dinner meal here....never tried the breakfast.

Cinderelley
01-16-2018, 10:09 AM
Sounds like it was pretty decent for most people. Can't wait to hear your experience Zippy 1.

Simba's Mom
01-16-2018, 12:51 PM
What are your thoughts on this restaurant? What meal did you eat? How long ago was it? Would you go again?

I was kind of disappointed, but in my case I think it was all about expectations. I'd figured that with the Land vegetables downstairs, it would be a very veggie-focused meal, and I was looking forward to that. However, as anyone who's been there knows, it's not. It's no more veggie-oriented than anywhere else. Because of that, I was very let down. Also, I like to "people-watch" at Character meals, and I was disappointed that, because of the way the booth was, I couldn't see beyond it. Otherwise, the food was fine.

mydisneygirls
01-16-2018, 01:08 PM
We went years ago and didn't like it at all so we've never been back. To be honest, I've watched videos to see if it's something we should give another try and it's still a "no." For the price, the food doesn't seem worth it.