PDA

View Full Version : Party of one Returns day 1

DisneyEpcotDad
01-10-2018, 06:31 AM
DME departed for Pop after about 15 minutes awaiting more riders. Semi lively driver. Lively riders with several first timers. Pop was second stop. About a 5 minute wait in check in line. Room wasn't quite ready so I took bus to Disney springs. Tried bakery in DS for a morning donut. I expected something unique, but donuts were average and $$ at $3 plus each. Did Earl of sandwich for lunch for first time in 38 visits to DW. Chicken wrap. Good food. Small crowd. World of Disney store seems to have less to offer than on prior visits.
one section was all checkout lanes. Maybe that was from Christmas setup? Received text that room was ready. Returned for a nap before an afternoon jog. Temps in 70s. Smoking areas are right by jogging path! Returned to DS in evening for brisket at Holy pig. Good food and service. after walking around enjoying warmer weather i called it a day and returned to pop for pineapple float in food court. Good first day.

PopPhan
01-10-2018, 07:37 AM
Sounds like a decent start. Did you mean "The Polite Pig"? I wanted to hit that on my trip, but missed out. Maybe next time....

I'm a smoker -- yes, one of the 'bad guys' -- and kept forgetting about the smoke stops along 'Memory Lane'...Sorry you had to deal with that.

faline
01-10-2018, 12:15 PM
Glad you're settled into your resort and had some time to explore the Disney Springs area - that makes a relaxed start to your trip.

DisneyEpcotDad
01-10-2018, 09:28 PM
Yes. Oops!The polite pig.

Cinderelley
01-11-2018, 06:09 AM
Sounds like a nice relaxing start.

JanetMegan
01-12-2018, 09:27 AM
Sounds like a good first day out of the cold! I see people jogging in WDW and I'm always amazed, but I guess without a park day you enjoyed the extra steps!