PDA

View Full Version : Pop Century Remodeling Progress

Snow's Mom
12-26-2017, 03:04 PM
Does anyone know if the 70's buildings are done at PC? I can't find any recent information.

I requested preferred rooms for our March trip. I want to be in the 70's building (a remodeled room!) and close to the main lobby/transportation. Is a preferred room a waste of money? I'm not going to be looking out my window much. I was originally thinking 60's buildings, but now I don't think they will be done by March.

Can I drop the preferred room request and not lose my reservation? A remodeled room is #1 on my list, connecting rooms second, proximity third. I'd settle for adjoining and a longer walk as long as I get the remodeled room. Any advice?

ibelieveindisneymagic
12-26-2017, 07:38 PM
I don't know if all of the 70's is done, but at least some of it is completed already, and open to guests, so it is a good bet that the rest will be done by March.

Snow's Mom
12-27-2017, 09:45 AM
Well, I booked a preferred room, but now I'm limited to those in the 70's section, unless they pick up the pace with the remodeling. Anyone know if I can drop the preferred room from my reservation?

VWL Mom
12-27-2017, 10:59 AM
If a standard room is available you could switch to that BUT if you are booked on any sort of package you run the risk of losing that. I would check with Disney or your TA to see what applies.

Snow's Mom
12-27-2017, 02:23 PM
Thanks, I'll ask my TA. We have a ticketless package and last I knew we couldn't change to room-only because nothing was available, so I'm guessing this will be a similar situation. Sure hope we don't end up in the 50's preferred with an old room!

Snow's Mom
12-28-2017, 11:03 AM
Okay, I asked. No, we can't drop the preferred, because there is no availability. (Even though I went to the Disney website and there were four standard rooms left.)

VWL Mom
12-28-2017, 12:06 PM
Okay, I asked. No, we can't drop the preferred, because there is no availability. (Even though I went to the Disney website and there were four standard rooms left.)

That's the problem with the packages, they are for an extremely limited amount of rooms. I'm assuming the std rooms open are for room only? You need to decide which is more important, price or location. Tough decision.

Snow's Mom
12-28-2017, 04:15 PM
I don't care about the packages. I already have tickets, will not do DP. I have a "ticketless" package with a preferred room. Problem is, 50's, 60s and 70's sections have the preferred rooms, right? And the remodels are done for the 90's, 80's and hopefully 70's by my trip. That leaves remodeled 70's rooms only, which is why I'm willing to go to a standard room. More buildings to choose from, better chance at getting those queen-sized beds!