PDA

View Full Version : Epcot

faline
11-15-2017, 11:47 AM
Spent a very pleasant day at Epcot. It was rather breezy, at times, but the sun was shining and it wasn't cold, hot, or humid.

It took a full 20 minutes to get through the security when we arrived just before the park opened - and I got in what was a shorter line.

The last several times we went to Epcot, we hadn't gone on a single ride. This time we did go on a number of rides including Spaceship Earth (We were able to walk right on as soon as we got into the park. Later, the line was considerably longer), The Seas with Nemo, Soarin (fast pass), Living with the Land (also fast pass and this was definitely needed), The Circle of Life, Disney & Pixar Short Film Festival (very cute), and the Gran Fiesta Tour in Mexico.

We also wandered through the aquarium and stopped to watch the Voices of Liberty. We had fast passes for Journey Into Imagination but did not do this ride. We were hungry when the fast pass time came up and, while we were at lunch, received an e-mail saying the ride was down.

For lunch, we stopped into Spice Road Table where we immediately seated on the outdoor patio (at our request). We did not have reservations. We shared an order of calamari and a chocolate cake and ice cream dessert which made for an enjoyable lunch.

The rest our our time was spent wandering around World Showcase and stepping into various shops. I guess it's been a while since we've been in the store in Japan as it has been completely remodeled since we last wandered in.

buzznwoodysmom
11-15-2017, 01:16 PM
Sounds like a perfect Epcot day!

ibelieveindisneymagic
11-15-2017, 01:58 PM
The changes to the store in Japan confused me too ... I think they are recent though ... so it may not have been so long!

VWL Mom
11-15-2017, 03:06 PM
We keep meaning to try Spice Table, glad to hear you liked it.

Sylvia
11-15-2017, 07:48 PM
Sounds like the kind of a day that I always love to spend at EPCOT. With the except of your lunch, this could have been a report of one of my EPCOT days. Glad you had a great time.