PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for showing pins other than lanyards

Cinderelley
11-14-2017, 04:50 PM
On my trip last week, I saw someone with pins attached to their jacket. I thought about attaching my pins to a jean jacket to wear, but I haven't even gotten through all of them and the jacket weighs a ton. Lanyards are too heavy around my neck. Do you guys do anything else with your pins?

missymouseworld
11-15-2017, 06:54 AM
I was thinking the other day, how can I use all those pins we have to decorate for Christmas? I was going to buy some styrofoam crafting balls and glue ribbon on them to hang on the Christmas tree and push the pins into them to hang on the tree. My kids have so many pins, and they don't wear them to the parks anymore, they just hang in their rooms on the lanyards. Instant ornaments?

magicofdisney
11-15-2017, 09:47 AM
I've done pins on hats, but that can be painful if you run into something at the wrong angle.

Zippy 1
11-15-2017, 10:00 AM
We decorated a large cork board and display all our pins on that. It hangs on the wall just inside the house. We have had many compliments on it. We no longer carry our pins on a lanyard or anything else at the parks. We have pictures on our phones so we know what we own. If we are thinking of trading any we will have those with us

Cinderelley
11-15-2017, 11:26 PM
I've done pins on hats, but that can be painful if you run into something at the wrong angle.

Lol. Does your hat get really heavy?

Cinderelley
11-15-2017, 11:27 PM
We decorated a large cork board and display all our pins on that. It hangs on the wall just inside the house. We have had many compliments on it. We no longer carry our pins on a lanyard or anything else at the parks. We have pictures on our phones so we know what we own. If we are thinking of trading any we will have those with us

Maybe I will do this when everyone moves out of my house and I can make a Disney room. :)

Cinderelley
11-15-2017, 11:27 PM
I was thinking the other day, how can I use all those pins we have to decorate for Christmas? I was going to buy some styrofoam crafting balls and glue ribbon on them to hang on the Christmas tree and push the pins into them to hang on the tree. My kids have so many pins, and they don't wear them to the parks anymore, they just hang in their rooms on the lanyards. Instant ornaments?

That is a very creative idea. Let me know how it works out.

magicofdisney
11-16-2017, 09:24 AM
Lol. Does your hat get really heavy?
I usually limit it to my favorite pins, or I'll have a themed hat, so weight isn't really an issue. :)

Cinderelley
11-17-2017, 06:32 AM
I usually limit it to my favorite pins, or I'll have a themed hat, so weight isn't really an issue. :)

How many hats do you have???

magicofdisney
11-19-2017, 07:39 AM
I don't have that many pins. I just don't care to wear a lanyard.

Cinderelley
11-19-2017, 08:21 AM
I saw a cute Star Wars hat that I'm going to try putting my Star Wars pins on. :)