PDA

View Full Version : Magic Kingdom Day

faline
11-08-2017, 05:29 PM
We decided to spend the day at the Magic Kingdom. The park hours scheduled for today were listed as 8 am until 11 pm. I was able to get a few fast passes prior to our arrival and was also able to book a lunch reservation at Be Our Guest. I was unable, however, to succeed at pre-ordering our food. Each time I hit the link to order our food I was brought either to (a) the Disney merchandise shopping site or (b) a page that stated I could pre-order our meals but without the ability to click on anything to do so. I gave up.

Weather was quite nice today. It was a bit chilly early - starting in the 60s but quickly climbed into the 80s. It was sunny all day.

We pulled into our parking space at the Magic Kingdom right around 8 am and took the tram to the Transportation and Ticket Center. Security screening is now happening at this location as you disembark from the tram and before you can access the ticket booths, ferry or monorails. We got through security very quickly but opted to take the resort monorail over to the Magic Kingdom as the line for the express was quite long.

I had thought we might ride Peter Pan before getting something to eat but the standby line was already at 30 minutes so we opted to go to the Main Street Bakery for some coffee and food before we starting touring.

In no particular order, we did Pirates, Big Thunder, Country Bears, Haunted Mansion, Small World, Winnie the Pooh, PeopleMover and Buzz Lightyear. We had fastpasses for Buzz but as we arrived, we found the fastpass entrance line extending quite a way into the plaza - not sure what that was about. We had gotten another fastpass for the Jungle Cruise but when we arrived there, we found the fastpass entrance line extending across the plaza and up the stairs. This was going to be our last ride of the day and we opted not to wait in that line.

Seven Dwarves was down for a good portion of the morning. When it came back online, we noted the standby time quickly grew to 140 minutes. The park was very busy!!

faline
11-08-2017, 05:31 PM
I forgot to mention - the Magic Kingdom was all decked out in its holiday splendor and Christmas music was the order of the day.

JanetMegan
11-09-2017, 09:14 AM
Thanks for the mini report, isn't it nice to just pop over for the day? It would help me get in the holiday spirit as well :)

faline
11-09-2017, 11:13 AM
Thanks for the mini report, isn't it nice to just pop over for the day?

We are enjoying being able to do that!!

Beach Club Babe
11-11-2017, 06:48 AM
We are enjoying being able to do that!!

Always great to see one of your reports! Have you settled in the area?

DisneyBarb
11-13-2017, 08:15 AM
Always good to see your reports. I'm guessing you are not missing the 23 degrees we have been having here in Mass this past week!

faline
11-13-2017, 03:13 PM
I'm guessing you are not missing the 23 degrees we have been having here in Mass this past week!

Not in the least!! :mickey: