PDA

View Full Version : Wine/Dine 2018 (Nov 2018) --> ICOT run?

Imalismom
11-05-2017, 02:46 PM
I would like to see how much interest we would have to have an ICOT run/meet during the Wine/Dine Half Marathon weekend. I have had one person tell me if I organize it - they would be interested....

It would be more of a run time meet than a fun in the evening time (2:45am wakeups come very early), and its too much money to spend to get swept due to lack of sleep.

If you might be interested... can you please post below....

Yungbuck73
11-06-2017, 12:15 PM
I would like to see how much interest we would have to have an ICOT run/meet during the Wine/Dine Half Marathon weekend. I have had one person tell me if I organize it - they would be interested....

It would be more of a run time meet than a fun in the evening time (2:45am wakeups come very early), and its too much money to spend to get swept due to lack of sleep.

Against my better judgment, I'm in. My 1st 1/2. Possibly do the challenge.

magicofdisney
11-07-2017, 09:05 AM
I'm up for the 5K.

John
11-07-2017, 09:29 AM

When does sign up happen? Hoping life slows down a little for me next year and I'll be back to running on a more regular basis.

This Saturday, I run my first race since last year... a 10k here on Hilton Head.

Yungbuck73
11-07-2017, 09:45 AM
When does sign up happen? Hoping life slows down a little for me next year and I'll be back to running on a more regular basis.

This Saturday, I run my first race since last year... a 10k here on Hilton Head.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171107/a909e8a31505af6c1e5a4b969d70e0c3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

magicofdisney
11-07-2017, 01:33 PM
Somewhat off topic--I wonder if they'll incorporate Star Wars - The Light Side somewhere now that Disneyland is on hiatus. You can't have one without the other...can you?

magicofdisney
11-07-2017, 01:37 PM

Do well!

Isabella
12-01-2017, 04:14 PM
I'm possibly, maybe, might be talked into this...

Yungbuck73
12-01-2017, 04:17 PM

You should. A Disney run is very fun.

Imalismom
12-01-2017, 06:49 PM

March 13, 2018 at noon ET! Sign up for an email reminder today at rundisney dot com! - but DVC members get to sign up early - I'm not sure how they do that since I am not a DVC member. I know annual passholders get an annual passholder link via their DME login.

Imalismom
12-01-2017, 06:51 PM

Another vote for do-it!!! A word to the wise - as soon as you do - book a resort - and then wait for the discounts to maybe change it - but last year, there were NO resorts to be found except for a very few way too expensive ones for those that waited too long to book.

Isabella
12-03-2017, 10:46 PM
Okay ladies and gentlemen.......

I'm going to do it! Celebrating my 64th birthday doing my first ever run!

Ahhhhhhhh!!!!!

Isabella
12-03-2017, 10:47 PM
Jen you better come!

Yungbuck73
12-03-2017, 10:47 PM

Ahhhhhhhh!!!!!

Woo hoo. Glad to hear it.

Imalismom
12-04-2017, 04:32 AM

Ahhhhhhhh!!!!!

I think you have made a wise choice. If you have an Iphone,
I would like to suggest you download the Jeff Galloway app
and use that to train. I am in my 60’s and a new runner also.
When I talked to Jeff face-to-face, he suggested a 15s/30s run/walk
ratio, and when I tried it, it works very well for me. I also will
suggest that before you officially start training, go visit a reputable
shoe store (running), and get fit for a good running shoe that is tailored
for you. If you will be running in any darkness, I would also suggest going to
nightrunner dot com and investing in their running lights for your shoes. One
other thing - sparkle skirts dot com - their skirts are AWESOME to run in - the
compression shorts do NOT ride up - and the pockets - you will not need anything else
because everything will fit in them!! They also make running capris and long pants
but I have not used them. As a new “senior” runner - I can try to answer any questions
you may have.

Isabella
12-04-2017, 10:23 PM
Gale you're awesome! Thank you!

Yungbuck73
02-23-2018, 10:36 PM
Let’s really bump this thread up. I know Gale and I are both planning on doing the 1/2(gulp). We really should try to get a huge #runICOT AND # cheerICOT team out there. Registration is coming up in the next 2 weeks and early registration for AP and DVC is sooner.
I have been out to cheer for a lot of you and would love to have a big cheering section as I attempt to not make a fool out of myself. Lol.
I know as a site we normally do WDW Marathon weekend in January, but Dawn and I won’t to be able to make it for 2019.

John
02-23-2018, 10:53 PM
It’s my birthday weekend. Gonna check with my better half but would like to go.

Yungbuck73
02-23-2018, 11:01 PM
For those who haven’t attended WnD 1/2 weekend, if you run the 1/2, you get admission to an after hours party at Epcot. Friends and family can purchase tix for this event also.

Buttercup
02-23-2018, 11:01 PM
Hmmm definitely a possibility. I would probably be in for the 10k. That means I wouldn’t be going in January for Marathon Weekend though. Let me think on that. Would be great to see all my Intercot pals again too!

Disney4us2
02-23-2018, 11:11 PM
Count me in for cheering. I'm starting to train for next year's 5K. Star Wars and maybe Princess.

PirateLover
02-24-2018, 10:48 AM
OK so get this... we booked our next trip to arrive on Nov 2, completely oblivious to the W&D timing! We just wanted to get a full week at the Mermaid rooms in AoA and Nov 2 was the date we got. We actually tried to get Nov 1 check in and couldn't. I would love to keep playing around or even stay somewhere else the first night and do the 10k. Of course, we have a little one with us now, my DD who will be almost FOUR at that point :faint: (I became pregnant with her shortly after we ran the inaugural Minnie 10k in 2014.) That means I will need to convince Grammy to come if we want to run. Would love to train for a 1/2 but I think it's just too ambitious right now with my knee problems. I will have a serious discussion with my husband and get back to you. Worst case scenario, we'd love to see everyone at a meetup before you head back.

Yungbuck73
02-24-2018, 11:23 AM
Woo hoo. Timing is everything. If your not gonna run, at least join us for cheering or a meet if we set one up.

Yungbuck73
02-24-2018, 11:28 AM
Just so everyone is up to date
11/1- expo opens
11/2- 5K
11/3- 10K
11/4- 1/2 Marathon and after party in Epcot that night.

magicofdisney
02-24-2018, 01:18 PM
I'm still debating the 10K, may stick with the 5K, but I'm definitely in for this event.

Yungbuck73
02-24-2018, 03:27 PM
I'm still debating the 10K, may stick with the 5K, but I'm definitely in for this event.

Would be great to see you Genna

BriarRose0708
02-24-2018, 04:26 PM
Ok I think I am in for the 10k, it’s a good possibility I will be down with husband and possibly the kiddos in tow. Too early to tell right now but I’d say count me in!

Yungbuck73
02-24-2018, 04:32 PM
Ok I think I am in for the 10k, it’s a good possibility I will be down with husband and possibly the kiddos in tow. Too early to tell right now but I’d say count me in!

Now it’s a party. Lol

BriarRose0708
02-24-2018, 04:55 PM
Are these evening or morning races?

Yungbuck73
02-24-2018, 05:52 PM
Are these evening or morning races?

Morning. They don’t do evening races anymore.

Yungbuck73
02-24-2018, 05:54 PM
But the Epcot after party is in the evening.

BriarRose0708
02-26-2018, 08:23 AM
I'm trying to decide if I should come down before November 2nd and do some Halloween stuff in the parks, or come down on the 2nd, run the 10k, cheer for the half and go to the after party, and then hang around until the 7th or so and do some park time then. Decisions! I'd really love to see any holiday decorations that may be around even that early, I've done Halloween a billion times but never Christmas.

magicofdisney
02-26-2018, 10:04 AM
How many friends can be taken to the "after party"?

Yungbuck73
02-26-2018, 10:38 AM
How many friends can be taken to the "after party"?

None. The runners of the 1/2 get the admission as part of their race fees. We did the after party a few years ago and I believe it was $75 per person.

BriarRose0708
02-26-2018, 11:12 AM
None. The runners of the 1/2 get the admission as part of their race fees. We did the after party a few years ago and I believe it was $75 per person.

Justin, is the whole park open for the after party, or just the F&W booths? Are there attractions open in World Showcase? Thanks for answering all these questions, lol!

Yungbuck73
02-26-2018, 11:16 AM
Justin, is the whole park open for the after party, or just the F&W booths? Are there attractions open in World Showcase? Thanks for answering all these questions, lol!

From what I remember only about 3 or 4 attractions were open but all the booths. It was raining hard and we didn’t stay that long. It was also different then because the race was at night and the party started as the race was going on.

BriarRose0708
02-26-2018, 11:45 AM
From what I remember only about 3 or 4 attractions were open but all the booths. It was raining hard and we didn’t stay that long. It was also different then because the race was at night and the party started as the race was going on.

Thanks! Trying to decide if I will buy any park tickets. $75 seems low for anything more than booths, but if all of World Showcase is open then perhaps it could be worth it. Is the food at the festival booths included? I would guess alcohol is not.

Yungbuck73
02-26-2018, 12:06 PM
Thanks! Trying to decide if I will buy any park tickets. $75 seems low for anything more than booths, but if all of World Showcase is open then perhaps it could be worth it. Is the food at the festival booths included? I would guess alcohol is not.

Don’t think anything is free. Lol

magicofdisney
02-27-2018, 10:27 AM

I didn't realize the party was open to everyone. I thought it was just runners and their friends, with the friends having to pay for entry. I knew the runners' costs were included in the registration for the run. Thanks for that info.

Imalismom
03-01-2018, 10:56 AM
Okay, I'm in.. just purchased my 5K and 10K bib and after party ticket. I am opting out of the half - but I will be the LOUDEST cheerleader!! I am staying at Pop Century.

I will however be doing my first half on Nov 25th (space coast marathon weekend). If that goes well, I will do a RunDisney half :)

Yungbuck73
03-01-2018, 02:18 PM
Okay, I'm in.. just purchased my 5K and 10K bib and after party ticket. I am opting out of the half - but I will be the LOUDEST cheerleader!! I am staying at Pop Century.

I will however be doing my first half on Nov 25th (space coast marathon weekend). If that goes well, I will do a RunDisney half :)

How did u buy this. Doesn’t go on sale till 3/8 for AP and DVC and 3/13 for public?

Imalismom
03-02-2018, 05:40 AM
How did u buy this. Doesn’t go on sale till 3/8 for AP and DVC and 3/13 for public?

If you purchase from a TA, you can get them before
they go on sale. A big plus is now they become transferable!

badkitty
03-02-2018, 09:20 AM
I would like to but it will all depend on work and I won’t know for a few more months. I also can’t go to Marathon weekend in 2019 so this could be my #runICOT/#cheerICOT event. 👍

badkitty
03-02-2018, 09:33 AM

Ahhhhhhhh!!!!!

Congratulations! What distance will you be racing? Others have made some wonderful suggestions. I also recommend running a few local races while you are training. This will give you experience running under race conditions and will help you prepare for the craziness of a Disney race. And be sure to train well. (It can be misery to race under-trained; as an older runner who has only been running since 2011, I know.) Also, please check with your doctor before staring any new training program.

Best of luck to you! You will have a great time! I’ve done many runDisney events so please let me know if you have any questions.

magicofdisney
03-02-2018, 04:03 PM
I wonder if Magical Journeys could offer this.

If you purchase from a TA, you can get them before
they go on sale. A big plus is now they become transferable!

Imalismom
03-03-2018, 07:08 AM
I wonder if Magical Journeys could offer this.

I actually asked them first - apparently doing this takes having
a lot of people signing up, and this was a service they are working
towards. There is a run disney facebook group and I ended up
going through them. This is the first time their associated travel
agency got approved to pre purchase bibs. Now what I just typed
may be more complicated then that - I really recommend if you can
to go through a travel agency (ie I cannot for marathon weekend because
I stay at SOG, and if are DVC you can’t), only because
your bib becomes transferable and RunDisney gives no refunds
and you legally cannot transfer your bib on your own.

magicofdisney
03-07-2018, 09:49 PM
So, according to the Disney website...

Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon Weekend presented by MISFIT™
Event Dates: November 1 to 4, 2018
Early registration has been postponed until March 12, 2018 and general registration begins on March 13, 2018.

Yungbuck73
03-08-2018, 09:37 AM
Wow only one day early registration.

Isabella
03-08-2018, 06:45 PM
Congratulations! What distance will you be racing? Others have made some wonderful suggestions. I also recommend running a few local races while you are training. This will give you experience running under race conditions and will help you prepare for the craziness of a Disney race. And be sure to train well. (It can be misery to race under-trained; as an older runner who has only been running since 2011, I know.) Also, please check with your doctor before staring any new training program.

Best of luck to you! You will have a great time! I’ve done many runDisney events so please let me know if you have any questions.

My hope is to do the 5K. I'm not able to purchase yet and I know that they sell out quickly! If I don't get a bib, our hope is to come and cheer if I don't get a spot to run and then sign up for maybe the princess.....

Thanks so much for the encouragement! I'll let you know when I have questions!

Imalismom
03-09-2018, 07:33 AM
My hope is to do the 5K. I'm not able to purchase yet and I know that they sell out quickly! If I don't get a bib, our hope is to come and cheer if I don't get a spot to run and then sign up for maybe the princess.....

Thanks so much for the encouragement! I'll let you know when I have questions!

If you are going to stay at least two nights in a resort
room - I would suggest going through a travel agency.
If you are AP or DVC holders there are TA’s that will only
charge for room and bibs. I was able to get pop century
for $110 a night thru the TA I used. I now do not have to
worry about my bib AND an added plus is if something happens
I can transfer my bibs. Just something to think about if it
could work for you.

PirateLover
03-12-2018, 10:18 AM
DH and I had a long discussion. We probably won't run. But we are going to train anyway. It's a lot of money and I have a recurring knee problem and haven't actually RUN in a long time- been doing strength and cardio workouts- so we don't know how it will hold up. Plus, my mom can't commit yet on whether she is able to come, so we may not have someone to watch DD. We are leaving the option option to change our minds if things work out, so if it doesn't sell out right away or if we can get in on a charity bib down the line we still may.

BriarRose0708
03-12-2018, 10:20 AM
FYI - from the RunDisney Facebook page - registration has been delayed to later this week.

Registration for Disney’s Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend is temporarily delayed. We will have an update on registration later this week, so please check back then. We apologize for the inconvenience and look forward to hosting our runners for the race at Walt Disney World Resort from November 1-4, 2018.

magicofdisney
03-12-2018, 12:50 PM
All these postponements are making me lose my excitement. :(

Yungbuck73
03-14-2018, 04:24 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180314/ebaef2a5c2c6be06356af46aeb728fa5.jpg

http://www.rundisney.com/wine-and-dine-half-marathon/

Yungbuck73
03-14-2018, 04:30 PM
DVC and AP Early registration is on Friday March 16, 2018 at noon EST

BriarRose0708
03-15-2018, 08:07 AM
Well, sadly this takes me out of participating. I will not have access to internet during the new registration date - on a plane traveling to a conference. I suppose I could do the travel agent thing, but honestly my initial excitement has really waned. I do want to get back to Disney some year for another race, but just not this year for me. There's an outside chance I could come down to cheer, but unlikely. Bummer!

Imalismom
03-15-2018, 08:34 AM
I am beyond happy that the courses for the
5 and 10K are the same as last year which
equals FANTASTIC in my eyes!!! 5K you get
to run through Pandora at night and 10K,
You start at MK parking, get heartbreak on-ramp
at the 3K mark, then onto Hollywood studios,
Boardwalk, and then into EPCOT. This year I will
stop and take a selfie with the Haunted Mansion
Guy! Have regretted not taking one since last
year!!
Bring it on!

magicofdisney
03-15-2018, 09:36 AM
Well, sadly this takes me out of participating. I will not have access to internet during the new registration date - on a plane traveling to a conference. I suppose I could do the travel agent thing, but honestly my initial excitement has really waned. I do want to get back to Disney some year for another race, but just not this year for me. There's an outside chance I could come down to cheer, but unlikely. Bummer!
Nikki, that stinks! I know how you feel, however. Could you at least check as soon as you have internet in the hopes it hasn't sold out?

I'm gonna be honest in saying I was kind of hoping for an ICOT 20 (2.0). ;) It would be super cool to see everyone again in such a short span (so to speak).

magicofdisney
03-15-2018, 09:37 AM
year!!
Bring it on!
Pandora in the dark? This definitely helps my excitement level. Thanks! :thumbsup:

BriarRose0708
03-15-2018, 01:13 PM
Nikki, that stinks! I know how you feel, however. Could you at least check as soon as you have internet in the hopes it hasn't sold out?

I'm gonna be honest in saying I was kind of hoping for an ICOT 20 (2.0). ;) It would be super cool to see everyone again in such a short span (so to speak).
I know, I will see what I can do. The 10K distances are so popular I am sure it will be sold out by the time I can get to register. We'll see what happens. It would be awesome to see you all again so soon!

Yungbuck73
03-15-2018, 01:32 PM

Sorry to hear this Nikki. [emoji27]

Yungbuck73
03-15-2018, 01:34 PM
year!!
Bring it on!

They released the courses already? They usually don’t do that till closer to the race weekend

Imalismom
03-16-2018, 09:28 AM
They released the courses already? They usually don’t do that till closer to the race weekend

https://www.rundisney.com/wine-and-dine-half-marathon/

If you read through each race, it
will tell you start/stop places. The
writeup is just like it was last year.

Yungbuck73
03-16-2018, 07:35 PM
And if you read small print it says “All courses subject to change”
Not saying it will change, but they don’t release the official courses until about 6 weeks prior. There are bunch of websites that show what has been officially approved but until announced, it’s all speculation. I HOPE the 1/2 is the same course as last year. Goes through 3 Parks. The year before only went through 2.

1000th_Ghost
03-17-2018, 03:21 PM
Hey. I know this a thread specifically about the Wine and Dine Half Marathon but, since I can't head down in November, I'd appreciate some general runDisney advice and info. I'm working on a trip for the runDisney Marathon in January. I've never signed up before, so just a few questions. When I register, will it just be for the race? Do I have to get my hotel and park tickets separately, or is it done at the same time? Also, I'm assuming that there will be different races to choose from. 5K? And...just one more thing to anyone who has run both...which is more fun? The January Marathon, or the Princess Half Marathon in Feb? Thanks in advance for any info...

Yungbuck73
03-17-2018, 04:00 PM
Hey. I know this a thread specifically about the Wine and Dine Half Marathon but, since I can't head down in November, I'd appreciate some general runDisney advice and info. I'm working on a trip for the runDisney Marathon in January. I've never signed up before, so just a few questions. When I register, will it just be for the race? Do I have to get my hotel and park tickets separately, or is it done at the same time? Also, I'm assuming that there will be different races to choose from. 5K? And...just one more thing to anyone who has run both...which is more fun? The January Marathon, or the Princess Half Marathon in Feb? Thanks in advance for any info...

Hello 1000th Ghost and welcome.
When you register for a race, you are registering for the race alone. Hotel and tickets are separate. You need to have an ACTIVE.com account. That is where the runDisney site will take you and it's easier to register if you have an acct already.
For WDW Marathon Weekend in January there are 4 races. 5K, 10K, 1/2 Marathon and a Full Marathon. There are also Challenges. The Dopey Challenge which is all 4 races and the Goofy Challenge which is the 1/2 and full MArathons.
I have never been there for Princess Weekend but they do a 5k, 10k and a half marathon plus a challenge which is called the Glass Slipper Challenge and its the 10K and 1/2 marathon.
Hope this helps you out in some way. I don't like to promote any TA other than the official Intercot TA Magical Journeys but there are ones out there who can get bibs for you and make all your hotel and ticket reservations.
Feel free to ask and look up all the posts here in the runDisney forum. There are lots of pages with lots of great info

Imalismom
03-18-2018, 08:08 AM

Yungbuck73 did a fantastic job in answering your
questions, I just wanted to add that I will be running
at least the 5 and 10k that weekend, and that if you
you have a DD214 that you can stay at The Shades of Green
in January, so to book that now - welcome to the crazy
addictive world of RunDisney :)

Both races are a blast - there are more people in January,
simply because they have the only full marathon then.

1000th_Ghost
03-18-2018, 09:24 AM
Hello 1000th Ghost and welcome.
When you register for a race, you are registering for the race alone. Hotel and tickets are separate. You need to have an ACTIVE.com account. That is where the runDisney site will take you and it's easier to register if you have an acct already.
For WDW Marathon Weekend in January there are 4 races. 5K, 10K, 1/2 Marathon and a Full Marathon. There are also Challenges. The Dopey Challenge which is all 4 races and the Goofy Challenge which is the 1/2 and full MArathons.
I have never been there for Princess Weekend but they do a 5k, 10k and a half marathon plus a challenge which is called the Glass Slipper Challenge and its the 10K and 1/2 marathon.
Hope this helps you out in some way. I don't like to promote any TA other than the official Intercot TA Magical Journeys but there are ones out there who can get bibs for you and make all your hotel and ticket reservations.
Feel free to ask and look up all the posts here in the runDisney forum. There are lots of pages with lots of great info

Thanks so much for the info! I think I've decided on the 10K for the Marathon Weekend and I'm signing up for an account on ACTIVE.com. I'm excited! I've always wanted to do runDisney! Not quite ready for the challenges, though. :blush:

1000th_Ghost
03-18-2018, 09:29 AM
Yungbuck73 did a fantastic job in answering your
questions, I just wanted to add that I will be running
at least the 5 and 10k that weekend, and that if you
you have a DD214 that you can stay at The Shades of Green
in January, so to book that now - welcome to the crazy
addictive world of RunDisney :)

Both races are a blast - there are more people in January,
simply because they have the only full marathon then.

Yes, he certainly did! I don't know what a DD214 is so I guess it's safe to say that I don't have one. I do know that The Shades of Green is the hotel for people in the military, so I'm assuming it's something to do with that?
I'm glad you mentioned that the January weekend is busier. I enjoy the crowds and it'll be fun to be in such a festive atmosphere. Can't wait!

Imalismom
03-19-2018, 09:49 AM
Yes, he certainly did! I don't know what a DD214 is so I guess it's safe to say that I don't have one. I do know that The Shades of Green is the hotel for people in the military, so I'm assuming it's something to do with that?
I'm glad you mentioned that the January weekend is busier. I enjoy the crowds and it'll be fun to be in such a festive atmosphere. Can't wait!

A DD214 is discharge papers from the military.

1000th_Ghost
03-19-2018, 05:00 PM
A DD214 is discharge papers from the military.

Ah! I KNEW it was something to do with the military! Actually, we stayed at The Shades of Green on our very first trip to Disney World...a long time ago. My BIL was active at the time, and booked the whole thing. I remember it fondly. Nice place! Am I correct when I say it was the old Disney Inn? I clearly remember a Mickey shaped pool.

Imalismom
03-20-2018, 09:26 AM
Ah! I KNEW it was something to do with the military! Actually, we stayed at The Shades of Green on our very first trip to Disney World...a long time ago. My BIL was active at the time, and booked the whole thing. I remember it fondly. Nice place! Am I correct when I say it was the old Disney Inn? I clearly remember a Mickey shaped pool.

Yes, indeed it was! It has been renovated since then
a few times. The mickey pool is still there though!

magicofdisney
03-20-2018, 11:01 AM
I ended up signing up for the 5K. I'd considered the 10K, but it so happens I hurt my foot the day before registration and I'm not sure of the long term results.

That brings me to my question. When you sign up for the 10K, you need proof of time. If I've never run a race that times me, how would I provide this information? Would they just stick me in the last corral which will then provide proof for the next race?

badkitty
03-21-2018, 07:42 AM
When you sign up for the 10K, you need proof of time. If I've never run a race that times me, how would I provide this information? Would they just stick me in the last corral which will then provide proof for the next race?

Good luck on your 5K! Here is good news, you do not need proof of time (POT). POT is only needed for half marathon and marathon races at runDisney. When you sign up for the 10K, you enter your estimated time bracket and that’s it! Then it is up to the runDisney folks as to which corral you are in. I have entered the same time for every 10K I’ve raced and I have been assigned different corrals ranging from the last one and up to the second one.

1000th_Ghost
03-29-2018, 08:38 AM
Hello again. I have another question for you all. My daughter has decided that she wants to join me in January for the marathon weekend. Can I get more than one bib when I'm purchasing mine, or does she have to get an ACTIVE.com account of her own?

magicofdisney
03-29-2018, 10:27 AM
I signed up my son under my account, although he was only 12. I'm not sure if age matters, but it does ask you at some point during the registration of the event if you're doing this for yourself or someone else.

Yungbuck73
03-29-2018, 01:26 PM
It seems to work better if you both have an Active account and both try to register at the same time individually. It gets crazy, day of registration.

1000th_Ghost
03-30-2018, 08:42 AM
Thanks, guys! I think I'll just be safe and have her try for her own. The only problem is that she lives in another state and may not be able to try around the same time as me. Her work schedule is usually pretty crazy. I was concerned about the age thing, too. She's 27. It sounds like registering is pretty stressful and I'd hate to have a snag present itself and then not be able to get in touch with her at the critical moment. So, if she can be sure to be available early on registration day, it's probably best to register separately. We may need some pixie dust, though. :tink:

Isabella
04-01-2018, 04:31 PM
Hello Wine and Dine peeps!
You all gave me such wonderful encouragement and advice and I wanted to let you know that, sadly registering for the wine and dine came at a time when we were unable to swing it financially. I'll need to wait until another time to run my first race. BUT, we want to support all our friends who are running this race so we have booked a trip to correspond with the dates and will be there to cheer you all on. As some of you know DH was out of work for 10 months and he started his new job last week! We are excited to have things looking up and to be there for InterCot's 21 birthday celebration!

Yungbuck73
04-01-2018, 08:13 PM
Sorry things didn’t work out but glad you will be there to cheer.

magicofdisney
04-02-2018, 03:10 PM
Hello Wine and Dine peeps!
You all gave me such wonderful encouragement and advice and I wanted to let you know that, sadly registering for the wine and dine came at a time when we were unable to swing it financially. I'll need to wait until another time to run my first race. BUT, we want to support all our friends who are running this race so we have booked a trip to correspond with the dates and will be there to cheer you all on. As some of you know DH was out of work for 10 months and he started his new job last week! We are excited to have things looking up and to be there for InterCot's 21 birthday celebration!
That's great news! I'm so glad you'll at least be there. Things are looking up and up. :thumbsup:

Reedy Creek Buccaneer
05-21-2018, 11:21 AM
I'll be staying over at SeaWorld, but I want to come cheer either Friday or Saturday. Let me know where to go!

Yungbuck73
05-21-2018, 02:24 PM
I'll be staying over at SeaWorld, but I want to come cheer either Friday or Saturday. Let me know where to go!

As the courses get officially released we will post places and times to meet. Glad your going to make it.

Yungbuck73
05-21-2018, 02:24 PM

Just know it’s gonna be stupid early. Lol.

Imalismom
06-01-2018, 06:42 PM
I found out today I will not get to run wine and dine :(

I do however have a 5 and 10k bib with resort stay at reduced rate at pop century that I can legally transfer if anyone would still like to run and did not register.

Isabella
06-01-2018, 07:03 PM
I found out today I will not get to run wine and dine :(

I do however have a 5 and 10k bib with resort stay at reduced rate at pop century that I can legally transfer if anyone would still like to run and did not register.

Oh no!!! I'm so sorry. Are you okay? We are still planning on coming, fingers crossed. Not running this time but ready to cheer on the other Icotees! You will be missed!

Imalismom
06-01-2018, 10:38 PM
I am okay. Found out that that is the weekend my daughter (Ali) coordinated everyone (maid of honor, bridesmaids, future m-I-L) to go wedding dress shopping. She volunteered to change it, but I told her no, it took forever for everyone to have one weekend where they could all fly into Maryland, that I would just not run that weekend.

Isabella
06-01-2018, 10:41 PM
How fun! I'm glad you get to do this!

magicofdisney
06-02-2018, 09:05 AM
I am okay. Found out that that is the weekend my daughter (Ali) coordinated everyone (maid of honor, bridesmaids, future m-I-L) to go wedding dress shopping. She volunteered to change it, but I told her no, it took forever for everyone to have one weekend where they could all fly into Maryland, that I would just not run that weekend.
At least it's something fun and exciting that's causing you to miss this run event. You will be missed, however.

Yungbuck73
06-02-2018, 10:13 AM
Sorry you won’t be able to make it but at least it’s a good excuse. [emoji15]🤪. Lol

Isabella
06-09-2018, 07:45 PM
Who is, if anyone, doing Sundays race? We want to cheer on our fellow intercotees, but we're considering brunch at the California Grill if no one needs cheering... how late would the race run, many we could make our brunch really late...

Yungbuck73
06-09-2018, 08:34 PM
I think Just John Y and I are doing the 1/2

Imalismom
06-10-2018, 06:32 AM
Who is, if anyone, doing Sundays race? We want to cheer on our fellow intercotees, but we're considering brunch at the California Grill if no one needs cheering... how late would the race run, many we could make our brunch really late...

Please go cheer!! It means so much to us runners
(Sadly, I will not be one of them), knowing
that a group of people will be waiting
to cheer you on. Two runs ago I had an Intercot
Section cheering me on during a run, and it made all
the difference in my last 1.5 miles!!! It could
be as late as 9:30 before they come by,
or as early as right before 8am, depending
on coral placement and pace. You will
not regret cheering!!

Isabella
06-11-2018, 10:33 AM
Please go cheer!! It means so much to us runners
(Sadly, I will not be one of them), knowing
that a group of people will be waiting
to cheer you on. Two runs ago I had an Intercot
Section cheering me on during a run, and it made all
the difference in my last 1.5 miles!!! It could
be as late as 9:30 before they come by,
or as early as right before 8am, depending
on coral placement and pace. You will
not regret cheering!!

We will of course go and cheer on all Intercotees! That's why we're going! I just wondered who was racing and how late it would go to see if we could add the brunch. Intercot is our first priority for this week-end! I'm just sorry we won't get to cheer you on!
We may need an introductory course to where, when and how to cheer though, having never been there during a race. :funny:

Yungbuck73
06-11-2018, 01:39 PM
I am anticipating my 1/2 to take about 3 hrs.
As for cheering spots, when we get closer and the courses are officially announced, we will set up official cheer spots.
So glad you are coming.

Buttercup
09-06-2018, 09:27 AM
I'm running the 10K (that's on Saturday morning) but I will be out there cheering the rest of the mornings! It's STINKING early and sometimes I go back to the hotel for a nap before hitting the parks haha! But I'll be there!

Once the actual race courses are posted by Disney then we can let everyone know where we are meeting up to cheer. Get ready to be LOUD and make way for tons of High-5's with the runners! (Which reminds me, bring hand sanitizer! LOL)

Yungbuck73
09-06-2018, 10:35 AM
Hand sanitizer is a great idea. I usually wind up with a nice cold after a race weekend. 🤧[emoji40]