PDA

View Full Version : Sci Fi Reviews

FenwayGirl
11-02-2017, 10:41 AM
Any reviews good/bad on Sci Fi. My daughter wants to go to this one, but I am on the fence. We will be 2 adults, no kids. How comfortable are the cars?

Speedy1998
11-02-2017, 12:15 PM
I like it, it seems to be one of the quietest restaurants in Disney as all the kids are tuned into the movie screen. The seating in the cars is about the same as sitting in a booth in a normal restuarant. There is also some seating at tables.

ThanxForNoticin
11-02-2017, 12:46 PM
We did it once. Certainly not a must-do for us again in the near future, but it was a fun meal. It's a different experience. Hope you enjoy it.

ibelieveindisneymagic
11-02-2017, 01:15 PM
I used to hate Sci-Fi. I found the food horrible, and the cars tight (I'm plus sized) and dark.

But, my daughter loves it, so I gave it another try, and as long as you don't get the ribs, we've had some very good meals the past few visits. The cars are still a bit squishy, but manageable.

The burgers are very good, as is the pasta, and it is a fun place, the movie clips are rather entertaining. A nice cool break from the parks.

joonyer
11-02-2017, 03:13 PM
Seats in the cars are just like other restaurant seats.
As for the food, stick with burgers, onion rings and shakes. They are very good.
The theme and atmosphere are shtick, but fun, just know what to expect and go with the fun.

texas211
11-02-2017, 09:55 PM
Food, bad
Seats, possibly designed by the CIA as a form of torture.

Ambiance is cool, and neat how its put together.

missymouseworld
11-03-2017, 06:38 AM
The atmosphere is fun and the food was ok. I do have a problem with it being so dark....personally, I like to see what I am about to eat, and I don't know if it was my "car" lighting, but it was really hard to see. I believe that enjoying a meal from start to finish starts with the visual and then the taste. That is why you see so many people taking photos of their food these days, it has to entice you visually. Even at a burger place, if it doesn't look good, you really won't want to eat it.

FenwayGirl
11-03-2017, 08:47 AM
thanks for all the reviews. I just might try it!

1DisneyNut
11-03-2017, 09:16 AM
The atmosphere is pretty cool. We have been a few times and like watching the movie clips. The seats in the cars are pretty much like any booth type table as others have mentioned. I like the darkness myself. Now the food, is just your typical food and is more like counter service than table service. The hamburgers and fries are pretty much what you would expect.

baldburke
11-03-2017, 12:42 PM
So many funny, interesting reviews! We have eaten at SciFi twice. I don't recall the food being overly bad or the seating overly uncomfortable. I guess for us the most interesting part was essentially eating in the dark. This was in the days before your cell phone had a flashlight so it was certainly interesting! It's fun to try for sure.

BrowncatP
11-03-2017, 02:50 PM
The appetizer-Spinach and Artichoke dip was quite a surprise. So far, the Sci-fi's dip has been the best anywhere.