PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on ICOT 20 Preface and Day 1

Beach Club Babe
10-24-2017, 11:03 PM
Preface: It's been a long time since I've written one of these. Since we've moved down here and usually only make day trips, it doesn't seem necessary. However, since I spent a few consecutive days with some fabulous Intercotees, I thought I could write up a quick report.

Accomodations: Home sweet home. I wanted to stay on property, but waited a little too long and could not find a single reasonably priced room. For a garden view at the Poly for 2 nights was over 900.00 with a cast member discount, over 1200.00 without.

The plan: To attend as many of the scheduled meets as possible with my personal

Cast: Me (Heather)
DH (Ron)
DD#3 (Emily)
DD#4 (Hallie)

And meeting up and enjoying time with the Intercot cast

What really happened: Ron's normal days off are Friday and Saturday. He took a vacation day for Sunday and we were good to go....until....he got home on Thursday night and they needed him to come in for overtime on Fri. and Sat. Oh well, still had Sunday right?

October 12, 2017

Since Ron had to be up early the next day, I headed over to Disney Springs for the meet up at Jock Lindsey's Hangar Bar. I was a little early so I took a boat ride to Old Key West and Back. I saw a post on Facebook, that Gale and Marci were there already so I went right over after that. We talked for quite a while out front before going back to scout out a table or 2 to accommodate everyone. Before long we were joined by Steve and Patti, Ian and John, Canada (2), Michele and John, and Justin and Dawn. Our fearless leader brought us plenty of flashy, glowy things for our next few days together. Had a great evening of enjoying cocktails and catching up with old friends and meeting some new ones. The party broke up a little after 10 and I headed home to get a little rest before an early morning the next day at MK. I can't speak for the rest.

Cinderelley
10-25-2017, 02:30 AM
It was great reading a trip report from you again. Can't wait to see the rest. :)

Disney4us2
10-25-2017, 07:43 AM
I think I left before you did. Went home (not staying on property), let the dog out and went to bed. Had a great time.

faline
10-29-2017, 11:48 AM
Heather, glad you got to join in on the fun at the Intercot 20 party!! Wish I could have been there with you all!!

Imalismom
11-13-2017, 07:15 AM
I love how we three usually get there before everyone else so we can catch up in a small group!