PDA

View Full Version : Walt Disney World Files Exploratory Permit for Large Land Area Near Epcot

Figment!
10-17-2017, 08:02 PM
The Reedy Creek Improvement District has recently filed Application #: 171012-12 to explore new use of a large section of land near Epcot:

Received Date: 12-Oct-2017
Issuing Office: ORL/SFWMD
Application Status: Initial Review
Permit Type: Environmental Resource (Construction/Operation Modification)
30-Day Deadline: 11-Nov-2017

Project Name: Exploratory Geotechnical Borings For Epcot Nw Pond

While not certain, this type of exploratory effort could indicate plans to conduct new construction in the shown red "project area".

ibelieveindisneymagic
10-18-2017, 11:26 AM
Interesting ... are there any front-running ideas on what it might be for?

PopPhan
10-18-2017, 11:54 AM
New pet friendly resort? Since they are 'testing' allowing dogs in 4 resorts, this could be a viable option. OR just another DVC resort.

John
10-18-2017, 11:57 AM
Could it be a monorail hotel at Epcot? I’ve often mused on the podcasts as to how this is a no brainer. You’ve got a ton of unused land along that beam and they have never monetized it.

We’ll see....

#intercotconsulting

baldburke
10-18-2017, 12:13 PM
Could it be a monorail hotel at Epcot? I’ve often mused on the podcasts as to how this is a no brainer. You’ve got a ton of unused land along that beam and they have never monetized it.

We’ll see....

#intercotconsulting

A monorail resort at Epcot would be awesome!

Cinderelley
10-22-2017, 05:48 AM
A new Frozen meet and greet

Ian
10-24-2017, 10:03 AM
It says "for EPCOT NW pond" ... is that's what there now or could that be an indication of the future usage?

Figment!
10-24-2017, 12:47 PM
It says "for EPCOT NW pond" ... is that's what there now or could that be an indication of the future usage?

Assuming it is the Pond (shown in teal) inside the project zone. The boring exploration could be to move the pond from its existing location to allow for future development.

Typically, the permits describe the current usage or area rather than the future use.

CaptSmee
10-25-2017, 11:40 AM
Where is the Star Wars resort proposed to be going? Could it be for that?

PopPhan
10-25-2017, 01:30 PM
Where is the Star Wars resort proposed to be going? Could it be for that?

Possible, but unlikely.

The "Star Wars" resort should be adjacent to DHS and, more specifically, "Star Wars Land" in that resort. That would put it south - southeast of S Studio Dr (as seen on Google Maps.)

The land in question is north of Yacht and Beach Clubs and west of EPCOT, quite a way from DHS.

Of course, this is all conjecture on my part. Who knows what goes through the minds of Disney (Parks) management.

DizneyFreak2002
11-01-2017, 06:51 PM
I'm going on a limb... DVC resort...

baldburke
11-01-2017, 10:17 PM
I'm going on a limb... DVC resort...

DVC only? It's been over 10 years since a new DVC only resort was launched at WDW.

DizneyFreak2002
11-06-2017, 05:45 PM
DVC only? It's been over 10 years since a new DVC only resort was launched at WDW.
With the way they are geared toward DVC, I wouldn't be shocked to see it DVC only... With that said, I don't know... I know they had a plan at one time to put a hotel into the parking lot at Epcot, connecting it to the theme park, and had several ideas and plans to put a hotel or several hotels in World Showcase.... Those ideas may have morphed into just one hotel in the area above...