PDA

View Full Version : Beach Club vs. Yacht Club

txdisneyfanatic
10-08-2017, 06:02 PM
We love the Beach Club; however are considering staying at the Yacht Club on our next trip because it is considerably cheaper during the week we are planning. What are the pros/cons of the these two? We don't want to be disappointed. Thank you!! :)

missymouseworld
10-09-2017, 07:34 AM
Having stayed at the Beach Club, we really liked the resort for the theming, pool, dining, and location to Epcot/DHS/Boardwalk, etc. You have the same pool options at the YC, as it shares the pool with the BC. The location and dining are the same as well because both resorts are right next door to each other. The only difference would be in the rooms. I haven't stayed in the YC rooms, but would think the considerable savings would be a great reason to try it.

CynBeth
10-09-2017, 06:41 PM
We stayed at the YC in Dec before all of the renovations and loved it! It was not that much farther of a walk to Epcot than the BC and the boat dock is right in front. The buses to MK and AK stop there first.

Simba's Mom
10-10-2017, 01:38 PM
I've talked to 2 families who've stayed at both the YC and the BC. Both families said that the YC "felt" much more adult. One family had young children, and the Mom felt a little out of place with her 3 rambunctious children. The other family was just two adults, and they commented on how they preferred the quieter, more adult feel of the YC. Personally, we don't have kids, but we love the casualness of the BC. The Beach Club seems like a casual Cape Cod beach cottage, the YC seems like an upscale Hyannis Yacht Club.

buzznwoodysmom
10-16-2017, 11:51 AM
OP, not sure if this will matter to you, but Yacht Club is, at this time, considered to be a "dog friendly" resort. Disney is doing a "new dog-friendly pilot program" allowing guest to have their dogs with them at select resorts. There are 4 resorts that will allow dogs starting yesterday, October 15. I believe the resorts are AoA, POR, the cabins at Fort Wilderness, and Yacht Club. Not sure if that will sway your decision, but just thought I'd put that info out there for you.

Edit to add the link: https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2017/10/dogs-welcome-at-select-walt-disney-world-hotels-starting-oct-15/

sgdisney
10-16-2017, 09:32 PM
My DH has attended a seminar at the Convention Center there in December 2012, 2015 and 2016 and we are heading back in December for the same seminar. The first year we booked late and they could not get us in the YC so we stayed at the BC at the convention rates. I loved it and was disappointed the next year when our only choice was the YC. BUT, after staying there loved it even more. It was just the two of us and it is much quieter, but the resort is beautiful and the location can't be beat. Both resorts are more like one big resort so I don't think you can go wrong with either.

TikiLounger
10-18-2017, 09:43 AM
I've talked to 2 families who've stayed at both the YC and the BC. Both families said that the YC "felt" much more adult. One family had young children, and the Mom felt a little out of place with her 3 rambunctious children. The other family was just two adults, and they commented on how they preferred the quieter, more adult feel of the YC. Personally, we don't have kids, but we love the casualness of the BC. The Beach Club seems like a casual Cape Cod beach cottage, the YC seems like an upscale Hyannis Yacht Club.

We're heading to the Beach Club in a couple of weeks! Yay! We love it there and we've been trying to hit the Food and Wine Festival on our last several trips. Can't wait. As someone who is quite familiar with Cape Cod, your assessment of the two resorts couldn't be more accurate. I've probably mentioned here before that my kids were never into the theming of either resort, when they were young. The theming of both was too familiar to them and they wanted to stay someplace that didn't feel so much like home (Wilderness Lodge and The Poly were their favorites). But, now that they're older, they really love the Boardwalk area in general, and Epcot. They still prefer The Poly, but they appreciate The Beach Club for what it is. A beautiful resort with the best pool. What's not to like?