PDA

View Full Version : Transportation question on Disney's shuttle service

DisneyDadfromPittsburgh
10-08-2017, 01:11 PM
Not sure if this is the correct forum for this question but here goes anyway........

Can I get from Disney Springs to Magic Kingdom via the Disney shuttle buses?

Or would I have to come back to our resort and then take the shuttle bus from to Magic Kingdom?

Thanks!

kathleen.talamantes.7
10-08-2017, 01:40 PM
We are here now. The bus takes you back to your resort. You can always catch the bus to the Polynesian resort and hop the monorail to Magic Kingdom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VWL Mom
10-08-2017, 04:21 PM
As the PP said, it doesn't have to be your resort just a resort.

PopPhan
10-08-2017, 04:47 PM
There is no bus transportation from Disney Springs directly to any of the parks. There were too many people using Disney Springs (Downtown Disney) 'free parking' to avoid parking fees at the parks, so they did away with it.

Buses to/from Disney Springs are only from/to Disney resorts, Swan and Dolphin.

That said, as other posters have said, you CAN go to ANY Disney resort, Swan or Dolphin, from Disney Springs.

ibelieveindisneymagic
10-09-2017, 07:38 AM
If you're thinking of Magic Kingdom, you could take a bus to the Contemporary, and then walk to MK. No matter what though, you'll have to stop at a resort on the way to the park.

magicofdisney
10-09-2017, 09:04 AM
I heard recently that they now offer a bus directly to the parks, after 4pm. Was this just a rumor?

VWL Mom
10-09-2017, 10:05 AM
I heard recently that they now offer a bus directly to the parks, after 4pm. Was this just a rumor?
As far as I know the service runs from the parks to Disney Springs but not the return.

From Disney

Getting to Disney Springs (https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/bus-transportation/)

Bus service from Disney Resort hotels begins 45 minutes before opening until 1:00 AM.
Return service to Disney Resort hotels ends at 2:00 AM.
One-way bus service from the 4 Disney theme parks operates daily from 4:00 PM until 11:00 PM or 2 hours after theme parks close, whichever is earlier.

ThanxForNoticin
10-09-2017, 12:50 PM
That's interesting. I was aware there are buses going to Disney Springs from the parks starting at 4PM. I didn't realize they didn't bring you back! I have to believe they do that for people wanting to get to Disney Springs for dinner and evening shopping, but they don't want people using the Disney Springs free parking lot as the place they put their car all day while in the parks.

magicofdisney
10-09-2017, 03:25 PM
As far as I know the service runs from the parks to Disney Springs but not the return.

From Disney
OK. I got it backwards. Thanks for clarifying that. :)