PDA

View Full Version : All Star Movies - first time, what should I know?

DisneyFan1979
09-25-2017, 12:00 PM
I'm staying at All Star Movies for the first time this November. We have a preferred room.

We won't be at the resort much. I have family in the area and actually love spending time at Disney so much that I've purchased a vacation condo nearby in Celebration. I'll be staying at All Star Movies while I get my new place set up, so I'll be there all day cleaning, overseeing furniture delivery and the like, and then back at the All Star at night. How is the food court?

How are the park buses? If I want to head to the parks for a few hours in the evening am I better off driving?

Thanks! :mickey:

missymouseworld
09-25-2017, 02:18 PM
Having stayed at POP recently for one night before our DVC vacation, and last year staying at ASM for one night, both places didn't have a coffee pot in the room and the food courts in the morning were really, really busy. We didn't even go to the food court that early, around 9:30-10am and there were a lot of tour groups or large groups that were travelling together. The evening was even very busy. I would think that during the daytime, when most people are at the parks, pools, etc, it probably wouldn't be that bad.

texas211
09-25-2017, 06:03 PM
I like the car route, for coming back! I feel our 1 stay at AS, the buses were worse than any other resort I have tried.

Buttercup
09-25-2017, 08:45 PM
Yes the buses really are crowded especially at the end of the night. Awful long waits and crowded buses. Take your car. You get free parking as a resort guest so why not use it!

brownie
09-25-2017, 11:46 PM
I recommend driving instead of taking a bus.

DisneyFan1979
09-26-2017, 10:27 AM
Thank you all for your tips! I appreciate it!

Speedy1998
09-27-2017, 12:28 PM
With the exception of MK I would recommend driving. MK, take a while to get from the parking lot to the gate because you have to take the tram to TTC then take the ferry or Monorail to the gate.

DisneyEpcotDad
09-29-2017, 02:40 PM
I just got back from AS Movies. If you plan to spend most of your time at the parks it's fine in terms of accommodations. My bed was decent and the shower worked! Fridge in the room, but no coffee pot or any other amenities. Bus rides and waits were not too bad the past week, or I was just lucky. The bus area isn't covered so if it's sunny you will be waiting in the sun unless you hide on the benches along the wall in the shade. I only tried an ice cream brownie in the food court and I wound up throwing half of it away. The food selection was not very impressive. Benefit of staying at ASM is that it is very close to AK If you are an AK fan.

Imalismom
10-17-2017, 03:48 PM
There is also a McDonalds VERY close (you can't miss it)... if you are driving to the parks, I recommend their coffee, etc.

I have found driving works better for me to the parks. It's free for you.

No ceiling fan, so if you like air circulation, bring small fan with you.

I actually ate dinner twice at the food court, and it was okay - not five star, but met the needs of getting something to eat (they had baked chicken and salmon both nights).