PDA

View Full Version : Post Irma Trip Report Day 5-Last Day

JanetMegan
09-20-2017, 01:47 PM
Last days are always so sad??

Up early again for a boat ride to MK, once again we thought we left plenty of time arriving at the boat ramp at 8:15 and waited and waited and waited. Missed rope drop...again.

Did manage to get in fairly quickly once we got there and Mom and Dad and Hubby and I headed to Jungle Cruise-it was closed due to Irma :( Too bad one of hubby's favorites. My brother and his family had arrived by then so the whole family went on Pirates-yo ho! Splash was closed (hubby's other favorite) and we had FP for BTM (SIL and Mom skipped.) Then it was Haunted Mansion, Small World, and just the two of us had FP for 7DMT. We also had FP for Space Mountain but it was down. (a common theme for the day.) We all lunched together at Cosmic Rays and then hit the people mover (lights on in Space Mountain still, never a good sign.) We split again with some having fast passes for Peter Pan and we rode Mermaid and Pooh before checking back once more for Space Mountain which was still closed and now Buzz was closed too-

We gave up :) Hubby and I returned to WL for AC, Pool, Cocktails (common theme huh?) and started packing up. We all met back up for dinner at Whispering Canyon (I'm going to do a sep review of that on the dining page.) Then it was time for goodbyes :(

Up at 6am and on the road at 7am for a much smoother ride home than our post Irma adventure coming down. Back at the office by 2pm Monday :(

faline
09-30-2017, 02:47 PM
Awwww....trip over!!! I guess there was good and bad associated with visiting Disney so soon after a major hurricane!! Thanks for sharing your trip with us!!