PDA

View Full Version : laundry soap pods

Tiggerlovr9000
09-14-2017, 04:26 PM
Can you take it on the plane?

Fangorn
09-14-2017, 05:02 PM
Assuming you're referring to the liquid ones.

Yes. We always put a few in a snap-loc type container and throw it in the checked luggage. TSA might not approve if in the carry-on, though, particularly if you have more than 2 or 3.

The ones that are powder instead of liquid aren't a problem.

Steve

Tiggerlovr9000
09-14-2017, 11:07 PM
Assuming you're referring to the liquid ones.

Yes. We always put a few in a snap-loc type container and throw it in the checked luggage. TSA might not approve if in the carry-on, though, particularly if you have more than 2 or 3.

The ones that are powder instead of liquid aren't a problem.

Steve

Thank you

faline
09-15-2017, 10:01 AM
We often pack pod type detergent in our checked luggage. It has not been an issue.

ThanxForNoticin
09-15-2017, 12:45 PM
We have also done this often for trips we know we'll be doing laundry. We usually double protect them, though, putting them inside a ziplock bag or container - no need for one to pop open in the luggage, and you're already doing a load of wash in your suitcase! The pods work really well for us.

Fangorn
09-15-2017, 12:54 PM
We often pack pod type detergent in our checked luggage. It has not been an issue.

Good to know. Never tried them in the carryon - always fly SW, so it's always a no-brainer to check at least one bag.

Steve

faline
09-16-2017, 09:30 AM
We usually double protect them, though, putting them inside a ziplock bag or container - no need for one to pop open in the luggage, and you're already doing a load of wash in your suitcase!

We do this as well. We usually fly JetBlue which only allows one checked bag per person. We put all of our liquids etc into a a smaller duffel sized bag which we then pack into a larger suitcase which we check. The addition bag within a bag adds some additional protection for spills etc. You just need to watch that you don't exceed the bag weight allowed by your airline.

texas211
09-16-2017, 06:36 PM
I fly w/ liquor in my checked bags all the time. Double ziploc (not that dollar store stuff) and you'll be fine. If you bring something w/ a screw lid, plumbers tape can help.

mrte62
09-19-2017, 09:24 PM
I fly w/ liquor in my checked bags all the time. Double ziploc (not that dollar store stuff) and you'll be fine. If you bring something w/ a screw lid, plumbers tape can help.

If you are traveling with liquor, highly recommend ordering some wine diapers ... not kidding .... they are wonderful, inexpensive and reusable .....