PDA

View Full Version : How soon can you reserve rooms?

BriarRose
09-05-2017, 01:14 PM
It's been nine years since we were last at WDW, and so much has changed! I feel like I'm learning all over again.

How far out do they allow reservations? I tried going to Disney's WDW website, but I'm having trouble finding rates. I know it's too soon to book over a year from now when we would be going, but I've been looking every once in a while for the past few months and there was never any rooms available at the same time this year to get an idea of what to expect for next year.

Are they really that booked up or is there a length of time that is optimal to look?

VWL Mom
09-05-2017, 02:15 PM
You can book room only as far as 499 days in advance by calling them direct or by using a TA such as our sponsor Magical Journeys. One of the pluses of using MJ is that as packages are released they will be on them for you. If you book direct it's up to you to be on top of the rates.

Polynesian Dweller
09-05-2017, 04:22 PM
You can book room only as far as 499 days in advance by calling them direct or by using a TA such as our sponsor Magical Journeys. One of the pluses of using MJ is that as packages are released they will be on them for you. If you book direct it's up to you to be on top of the rates.

All true, but it should be added that when you book now before the published rates it will be at current rates and you will have to pay the difference when they are published. You will also be booking room only not packages is my understanding.

Genie1953
09-05-2017, 07:16 PM
All true, but it should be added that when you book now before the published rates it will be at current rates and you will have to pay the difference when they are published. You will also be booking room only not packages is my understanding.

You can still book room only and then when the packages are released Magical Journeys will switch the room only reservation to a package reservation.

Polynesian Dweller
09-06-2017, 12:14 AM
You can still book room only and then when the packages are released Magical Journeys will switch the room only reservation to a package reservation.

Yeah, what I meant was that what the OP would be reserving now was room only. Didn't write it clearly enough, thanks for adding the clarification.

andmomlau
09-18-2017, 12:41 PM
Definitely contact Magical Journeys! I planned several trips through Denise and I have since recommended MJ to many friends and relatives. So knowledgeable and on top of EVERYTHING! We have since purchased DVC and can no longer use MJ but I still refer everyone to them!