PDA

View Full Version : Skipper Canteen Reveiw

FenwayGirl
08-31-2017, 01:27 PM
Looking for some feedback on this venue. Thinking of reserving for my next trip. Please be honest :mickey:

VWL Mom
08-31-2017, 01:42 PM
We ate there last Wednesday night, not sure I would rush back for the entrees but the appetizers we tried were all very good. We had cachacas, falafel, and shu may dumplings as appys, all very tasty. DH had the snapper which he said was good, DS22 had the duck noodle bowl which for $23 was basically a bowl of noodle soup, DS25 had the shrimp which he said was just okay, and I had the curried vegetable stew with chicken which was basically a over sauced spicy ratatouille. Sangria wasn't bad and the Kungalosh which my younger one got was very yum.

I'm glad we tried it, if we go again it would be appys only.

Mendelson
09-01-2017, 09:42 AM
While I appreciate the attempt to have some unique and new stuff, I was not blown away with the food, though it was a solid 7/10.

My "Tastes Like Chicken" was good-not-great and my daughter's duck soup was insanely salty. As @VWL_Mom said, the apps were good. I don't remember what desert we got but it was also just okay.

Theming is really, really good and if you haven't been, you should go. Based on your list of past visits you've probably tried most of the restaurants already, so why not...

RedSoxFan
09-02-2017, 05:57 PM
I was thinking of going here in October; however, the Disney website has the grilled steak with plantains and another website has it with mashed potatoes. Anyone know if it's mashed potatoes or not? But with the reviews; I'm not so sure I want to try it now.

VWL Mom
09-02-2017, 06:57 PM
I was thinking of going here in October; however, the Disney website has the grilled steak with plantains and another website has it with mashed potatoes. Anyone know if it's mashed potatoes or not? But with the reviews; I'm not so sure I want to try it now.

It was plantains last week.

Hammer
09-02-2017, 10:20 PM
We ate there last Wednesday night, not sure I would rush back for the entrees but the appetizers we tried were all very good. We had cachacas, falafel, and shu may dumplings as appys, all very tasty. DH had the snapper which he said was good, DS22 had the duck noodle bowl which for $23 was basically a bowl of noodle soup, DS25 had the shrimp which he said was just okay, and I had the curried vegetable stew with chicken which was basically a over sauced spicy ratatouille. Sangria wasn't bad and the Kungalosh which my younger one got was very yum.

I'm glad we tried it, if we go again it would be appys only.

Lynn, that is pretty much what I had heard about the food there. If your son likes duck ramen like my sister and I do, he should try the duck ramen at Morimoto Asia. It is delicious and is $7 cheaper!