PDA

View Full Version : FP questions

amorillo
08-28-2017, 11:12 AM
So, my 60 day mark is friday... and I'm stressing out. Just curious how difficult it is to get Avatar FP? Our AK days are our 3rd and 6th days in the park. Are they both equally hard to get? Should I book those first? UGH... vacation planning should not be this stressful.

Any help (calming techniques :crazy: ) would be greatly appreciated!

Zippy 1
08-28-2017, 11:56 AM
I would book day those as soon as possible. They do go quickly

ThanxForNoticin
08-28-2017, 12:22 PM
Agreed. If Flight of Passage is your primary goal, go right to day 3 and see if you can grab one. I would hope 3 days in, you'd have a reasonable chance to get one. The 6th day should be even more likely. The number of people getting FP 66 days out should not be overwhelming! But you never know these days!! Then go back and fill in the rest of your selections!

You'll be fine! Come Friday morning, be ready to get online and logged in so you're ready to go at 7AM EDT to start booking. Once it's done, you'll be much calmer and more excited!

Fangorn
08-28-2017, 01:22 PM
From what I've been reading elsewhere, FoP availability starts to get easier on day 4 and beyond. Day 3 is often available, but the timing may not work for you. I'd start by first going for your day 6 - that should be available. Then, try for day 3 for a second FP.

As far as calming techniques, the main thing is to realize that other than FoP, 7DMT and FEA, getting the FPs you want really shouldn't be a problem at all, even a few days before your trip. The hype about the necessity and frenzy to get FP exactly at 7am on day T-60 is just that - hype. Disney marketing, in an effort to drive more people to staying on-site, has ginned up the "competition" aspect of getting FPs to the point that the "fear of loss" has become firmly lodged in most people's minds - even though for the most part (FoP being the exception at the moment) it's totally not necessary to stress over it. The same goes for the whole "ADRs at 180 days" thing as well.

Inhale. Count to 5. Exhale. Repeat. :mickey:

Steve

kathleen.talamantes.7
08-28-2017, 01:39 PM
We booked and had no problems getting everything we wanted. I did wake up at 5:00 AM our time to schedule. When I checked back in the afternoon there were many rides not available. Have fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk