PDA

View Full Version : The Rav's Week That Was Report....Day 6

RavsRuleDisney!
08-17-2017, 10:01 PM
Did a family 'split' this morning....DW and younger DS headed to AK while me and older DS went to MK. Those two hit up FofP, EE, and Festival of the Lion King (would have enjoyed that myself-been awhile). We did IASW, HM, PoTC, speedway....asked my still stuffy DS if he wanted to try speedboats today but another 'no'. Did see 1 speedboat on the Lagoon side so that's an improvement from yesterday. Came back to POLY to get ready for our early but can't miss dinner at Ohanas! 3:45 time but no biggie, celebrating older DS' 18th - time does fly. Have to say that the CM's on rides, in resorts, meals, everywhere didn't hesitate to wish him a happy birthday (had the pin on all week). I'm sure they are trained to respond to that sort of thing and they didn't disappoint. I think he nabbed a cupcake at 50's PT and at LTT. Nice. Back to Ohanas, we all ate light and we did as much damage as possible. Noodles, wings and the kabob chicken all highlights....and I never turn down a small pile of peel-n-eat shrimp. :thumbsup: And of course I had my annual Backscratcher....but not before I verified they actually had the backscratcher which they did not the last few trips (they did).

We had a FP to ride TT again for the birthday boy (his fave)....so off we went. Weather reared its ugly head and the ride was down for a bit - we headed to Ice Station Cool as younger DS has never tried the 'Beverly' - he actually doesn't drink soda and that's the perfect drink to keep it that way! We eventually got into TT. Did a Mouse Gear stop mostly for older DS who was looking for something for his GF (already at school at Alabama) but came up empty. Last night. :(

Cinderelley
08-18-2017, 07:15 AM
The last night is so bitter sweet.

faline
08-21-2017, 03:20 PM
Terrific way to celebrate a birthday - except for the head cold!!