PDA

View Full Version : Whispering Canyon Cafe breakfast experience

disneymomma2010
08-06-2017, 05:07 PM
Our family loves the Whispering Canyon, it's one of our favorite experiences and we try to go every year. We will be returning to WDW this fall but WC dinner will not fit into our schedule. We have never tried the breakfast. For those who have experienced both, is the breakfast atmosphere as exciting as the dinner? We have two boys that love to experience all of the rowdiness that WC brings, and we tried lunch one year but it was pretty empty and dull.

Thanks!

CynBeth
08-06-2017, 05:17 PM
We have never done any other meal except for breakfast so can't compare but have been 4 times over the last 6 years and they did a nice amount of antics and the food was pretty good. We try to eat there every trip we love it!

buzznwoodysmom
08-08-2017, 09:49 AM
Thinking about WCC for our departure day breakfast on an upcoming trip. Have done dinner and lunch multiple times, but never breakfast. So interested in seeing reviews as well!

We will probably be staying at WL on this trip so WCC makes sense to book for our departure day breakfast, but Kona has slowly become our traditional last day breakfast with a last ride on the monorail before we go. Can anyone who has done both WCC and Kona for breakfast compare?

I don't know why we don't just stay at the Poly for every trip! Our first night dinner is ALWAYS Ohana, no exceptions, and now Kona has become our last day breakfast.

VWL Mom
08-08-2017, 10:54 AM
We will probably be staying at WL on this trip so WCC makes sense to book for our departure day breakfast, but Kona has slowly become our traditional last day breakfast with a last ride on the monorail before we go. Can anyone who has done both WCC and Kona for breakfast compare?

We sometimes do a late breakfast at WCC on departure day out of convenience but we much prefer the breakfast offerings at Kona. IMO Kona is light and bright and WCC is darker and sometimes very loud.
Our last few meals at WCC were not great and seemed warmed rather than cooked to order where Kona has been consistently good.

buzznwoodysmom
08-08-2017, 12:07 PM
We sometimes do a late breakfast at WCC on departure day out of convenience but we much prefer the breakfast offerings at Kona. IMO Kona is light and bright and WCC is darker and sometimes very loud.
Our last few meals at WCC were not great and seemed warmed rather than cooked to order where Kona has been consistently good.

Kona breakfast has never disappointed! I'll most likely stick to tradition! Thanks for the input.

disneycutie165
08-09-2017, 11:22 AM
We just got back and di breakfast on our last day. We went at 8:30 and our server was very, very mellow. He was not much into the atmosphere. There were some servers trying, but you could tell no one wanted to play along with it being early. Our serve even told us he was "still waking up". I get that, but come on. It's Whispering Canyon! None of the fun activities are going on there in the morning either. Hardly anyone in the restaurant. I worry about them a little bit. So I would have to say that it's definitely not the same as dinner, but I also assume it has to do with the server.

#1donaldfan
08-09-2017, 01:42 PM
WCC breakfast was good and the interaction was fun but not nearly as loud or over-the-top as dinner, as it was not a packed dinning room .....

disneymomma2010
08-13-2017, 11:15 PM
We just got back and di breakfast on our last day. We went at 8:30 and our server was very, very mellow. He was not much into the atmosphere. There were some servers trying, but you could tell no one wanted to play along with it being early. Our serve even told us he was "still waking up". I get that, but come on. It's Whispering Canyon! None of the fun activities are going on there in the morning either. Hardly anyone in the restaurant. I worry about them a little bit. So I would have to say that it's definitely not the same as dinner, but I also assume it has to do with the server.

That's a good point. As a matter of fact, I'm not a morning person either so I think I would much rather have excitement in the evening! Maybe one day we will do breakfast, but I have made room for the dinner here on our first night. It's such a fun way to start our vacation!